Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Canadian Made Bullpup Bolt Action?

Pros:
    Shorter
    Lighter
    Longer barrel but similar OAL
    Possibility of long action cartridges not feasible in a short barreled rifle
    Centre of balance/weight moved inward

Cons:
    ... makes fudds angry? Help me out here, can’t think of any.

If I can have it in my favorite weird caliber 6.5X55SE, I'd buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    I don’t see how this is a huge market at all. It’s not even a huge market in the USA and the idea that a high quality rifle of this sort would be meaningfully cheaper than 3k is probably a pipe dream.
    There are plenty of semi auto bullpups cheaper than 3k, how hard could it be to make a manual action? It’s not rocket appliances.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    on a factory non semi auto, OAL doesnt apply. For example the mare's leg is 24 inches overall. But it comes that way from the factory and has a manual action. Same with the 21.5 inch KSG tactical
    Explain the short Dlask shotgun then which was sold with pistol grip only (under 26") and deemed restricted unless a full stock was purchased and installed
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Explain the short Dlask shotgun then which was sold with pistol grip only (under 26") and deemed restricted unless a full stock was purchased and installed
    Is this really relevant? The shortest desert tech srs covert is 27”. I don’t see a need to be shorter than that, it will still be a foot shorter than a conventional rifle with a 16” barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Is this really relevant? The shortest desert tech srs covert is 27”. I don’t see a need to be shorter than that, it will still be a foot shorter than a conventional rifle with a 16” barrel.
    I don't know iif it is or isn't, just commenting on what someone else said in regards to legality not being that cut and dry. Dlask is a Canadian manufacturer, so I can see the RCMP doing the same to another that tries to manufacture under 26"
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Was classed as a handgun if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know iif it is or isn't, just commenting on what someone else said in regards to legality not being that cut and dry. Dlask is a Canadian manufacturer, so I can see the RCMP doing the same to another that tries to manufacture under 26"
    Yeah I should have quoted all of the posts, wasn’t trying to single you out. I just don’t see an advantage to not being over the 26” mark. That’s still pretty darn short.

I am in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marilius View Post
    Was classed as a handgun if I'm not mistaken.
    No, then putting a stock on wouldn't make it non restricted (I owned one from the first production run) still have a copy of the registration certificate somewhere as this was during the long gun registry

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast