Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Canadian Made Bullpup Bolt Action?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    So ? How would ya operate the bolt handle ? It would be setting just behind your ear . An extended ( forward ) arm would have to be well engineered to be light and rigid .
    Then got to thinking what about a straight pull type bolt example Ross ! I believe this would be the better way to go for a manual operating bolt system . It could even be engineered to be made out of composites( operating arm/rod) .
    Huuum!

Why hasn’t a manufacturer (like Archangel - hint, hint) cloned a Desert Tech type stock for their product line?
    In their current price range, it would be a HUGE hit.

I like the idea, it addresses a few really annoying things while hunting. Shooting from standing position offhand with no rest with lightning fast deployment would be a big win. Don’t have that big long stupid barrel hanging out there getting caught on things and hard to keep dead steady. Could have it slung across your chest tight in not flopping around while walking or running with a vickers sling and then rip the strap handle and it’s up in front quickly. Easy to sling across the front while Riding a quad. I just enjoy handing a shorter lighter rifle in general, and having a long barrel in a tighter package. Really an RFB fits this idea well, except it’s semi auto and with that comes some potential reliability issues and added weight. Bolt actions are dead simple, lock up tight, and virtually never fail as long as the ammo is made properly. They are also typically more accurate

Desert tech moves the handle to the front of the bolt, this puts it a little further back but not as far as a rear mounted handle would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Have you seen the Jard rifles ? But seriously, I would be very interested in buying one. A business currently making chassis systems could incorporate a new design with less cost than starting from scratch but yes it won't be cheap. Someone just has to design it. Plastic mold or aluminum chassis. Its not technically difficult. It just takes a plan and a desire to follow through. Having a supply chain already in existence would be a game changer. MDT ?
    MDT makes chassis not firearms. As has already been noted: a bullpup chassis/ stock is a prohibited device
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
    Why hasn’t a manufacturer (like Archangel - hint, hint) cloned a Desert Tech type stock for their product line?
    In their current price range, it would be a HUGE hit.
    Again. ProMag/Archangel makes stocks - not firearms. A bullpup stock/chassis is a prohibited device
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

I’ve been following this thread, and I have to say that Rick is being asked to build a UNICORN!! I mean, c’mon guys. A precision rifle for 3K. Last I checked AI starts at about 7K for their rifles and goes up to around $9500 for a 338LM. PGW starts around $4500 and goes up. Rick and the guys at ATRS build precision rifles - great ones, but I don’t believe even their conventional PR rigs would go under 3K.

These are Precision Rifle manufacturers. I’m not talking about dropping a Remington SPS in an MDT stock and calling it a precision rifle. Most of the rifles I have been able to find start at about 5K (with a lot of them running in the $6500-$7000 mark). And you guys are asking Rick to create a brand new rifle, from the ground up, for a limited market, for 3K. You’ll forgive me if I find this a little absurd.

I like the Desert Tech too but I'd be in for something not overtly tactical. Been trying to get one of these in from Germany without much luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    I’ve been following this thread, and I have to say that Rick is being asked to build a UNICORN!! I mean, c’mon guys. A precision rifle for 3K. Last I checked AI starts at about 7K for their rifles and goes up to around $9500 for a 338LM. PGW starts around $4500 and goes up. Rick and the guys at ATRS build precision rifles - great ones, but I don’t believe even their conventional PR rigs would go under 3K.

These are Precision Rifle manufacturers. I’m not talking about dropping a Remington SPS in an MDT stock and calling it a precision rifle. Most of the rifles I have been able to find start at about 5K (with a lot of them running in the $6500-$7000 mark). And you guys are asking Rick to create a brand new rifle, from the ground up, for a limited market, for 3K. You’ll forgive me if I find this a little absurd.
    Couldn't have said it better. Everyone want the best for nothing. What's being asked for isn't a savage axis or rem 783 slapped into a chassis

Wish this thread was out under a general forum instead of a sponsor forum.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free" A.E.Van Vogt

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast