Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Canadian Made Bullpup Bolt Action?

BANNED

Cool Possibility of a Canadian Made Bullpup Bolt Action?

Hey guys,

I am starting this thread out of my own personal interest, and to see if maybe you might be interested in taking on such a project (assuming there is enough interest).

A Canadian made bullpup bolt action precision rifle sub 3K in cost would be really awesome. There is a huge market gap in this area currently and you could fill it with something unique and functional. If you would be willing to take this on, there are a few (I think obvious) things I would want to see out of it personally:

Available in 16"-24" barrel lengths

Short action and long action models (maybe short action first with long action to follow)

Takes AICS magazines

Adjustable trigger preferably

I just wanted to start this thread to guage interest, however if you are not interested in this, feel free to nuke this thread.

Thank you for your time,

-driller

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am starting this thread out of my own personal interest, and to see if maybe you might be interested in taking on such a project (assuming there is enough interest).

A Canadian made bullpup bolt action precision rifle sub 3K in cost would be really awesome. There is a huge market gap in this area currently and you could fill it with something unique and functional. If you would be willing to take this on, there are a few (I think obvious) things I would want to see out of it personally:

Available in 16"-24" barrel lengths

Short action and long action models (maybe short action first with long action to follow)

Takes AICS magazines

Adjustable trigger preferably

I just wanted to start this thread to guage interest, however if you are not interested in this, feel free to nuke this thread.

Thank you for your time,

-driller
    Being from BC and doing a lot of shooting in the mountains, a compact but accurate rifle is always welcome for those times my trips take me through thick woods. I have, many times, taken 24" barreled rifles through a forest and knocked nearly every branch around with the barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Awesome oportunity to make covert option that takes canada's title as shortest NR. Barrel length and OAL laws would not apply on a factory built bolt action bull pup.

I would be in for something unique like the above^
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I’d be in for this. Love the Desert Tech stuff. But a Canadian one would be that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Awesome oportunity to make covert option that takes canada's title as shortest NR. Barrel length and OAL laws would not apply on a factory built bolt action bull pup.

I would be in for something unique like the above^
    OAL will always apply.

However, that being said......the idea is a decent one.
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

I would be a proud participant in such a rifle!!

I’ve been whining for this for some time now! The Desert Techs are really the only bolt gun that appeals to me right now.

I would love one in 6.5cm 16.5” barrel. Sub 10lbs with optics if possible

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEMMY View Post
    OAL will always apply.

However, that being said......the idea is a decent one.

on a factory non semi auto, OAL doesnt apply. For example the mare's leg is 24 inches overall. But it comes that way from the factory and has a manual action. Same with the 21.5 inch KSG tactical

i m in

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast