Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware of quoted lead times

Beware of quoted lead times

My barrel has been stuck here for 20 weeks when the original lead time was 3-4 weeks. Barrel has been in the lab for 11 plus weeks Since the day the told me it went out. Consistently never get contacted back even though they say they will. No offer for solution. I never would have had sent me stuff in if I knew it would take over 20 weeks to be done. Ridiculous.

What were you getting done?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    What were you getting done?
    Sent a Glock 17 in for a bunch of work. Stippling slide milling recoat and TiN barrel coating. Quoted 3-4 weeks. Always checked up on progress and always told “2 more weeks”. After 11 weeks only the stippling was done and I asked for everything to be sent back tired of waiting and bad comunication. At that time they said barrel wasnt with them was away at the lab for TiN so I asked for everything shipped back anyways and deal with barrel when done. Now like 9 weeks later its still “in the lab” Constantly told it will be dome soon. Never once had they called me back throughout this whole process. And thats the short versoin of this story theres much more. So frustrated

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonJonM View Post
    Sent a Glock 17 in for a bunch of work. Stippling slide milling recoat and TiN barrel coating. Quoted 3-4 weeks. Always checked up on progress and always told “2 more weeks”. After 11 weeks only the stippling was done and I asked for everything to be sent back tired of waiting and bad comunication. At that time they said barrel wasnt with them was away at the lab for TiN so I asked for everything shipped back anyways and deal with barrel when done. Now like 9 weeks later its still “in the lab” Constantly told it will be dome soon. Never once had they called me back throughout this whole process. And thats the short versoin of this story theres much more. So frustrated
    i would call them out on here -but that's just me-don't like to be put through bs when i pay good money
    guns don't belong in cities---they belong in each and every home

Yeah I feel the same way. Thats my intention, do you know another thread I could put this under?

I've contacted them by email twice about placing an order (through the web contact form and their address). Neither were answered. Sounds like they are too busy for the staff they currently have employed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Interesting.... I had a rifle cerakoted and the bolt DLC treated and the estimated lead time they gave me was 3-4 weeks.

3 1/2 weeks passed and I got the phone call saying it was done.

The work was top quality. I couldn't be happier.

Ouch can easily buy a tin coated aftermarket barrel for 200-300 and be less frustrating

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    I would love to see the finished TIN barrel. I believe there is only one place doing it and everyone sends them there. I could be wrong. Not too impressed with mine but I do not know who actually did it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I would love to see the finished TIN barrel. I believe there is only one place doing it and everyone sends them there. I could be wrong. Not too impressed with mine but I do not know who actually did it.
    Frank, there’s a lab in Richmond that does it. Pm me for details.

Brian

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast