Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware of quoted lead times

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I would love to see the finished TIN barrel. I believe there is only one place doing it and everyone sends them there. I could be wrong. Not too impressed with mine but I do not know who actually did it.
    yeah if I ever get it back I’d like to look at it too. I don’t know what to do anymore I honestly just want my property back.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Interesting.... I had a rifle cerakoted and the bolt DLC treated and the estimated lead time they gave me was 3-4 weeks.

3 1/2 weeks passed and I got the phone call saying it was done.

The work was top quality. I couldn't be happier.
    Lucky, not the experience I have had. Took them 11 weeks just to say they couldnt do my slide without sendingit to the competitor. You would think 20 weeks is enough time to get it done. The problem is they constantly say “x more days” or “2 more weeks” and worse “well get back to you” and never have they ever returned a call when they said they would. My glock was sent back to me with the wrong parts too that werent original to mine. So looks like parts arent properly stored with customers guns. I’ve had crappy service before but I have never felt like I’ve been dicked around as much as this.

Expired Business Member
    We do apologize for the delay.

As others mentioned, we’re often under our estimated turnaround time - we’ve had a frustrating process with our PVD lab lately, but unfortunately they are the only lab of their kind within driving distance of our facility. Of course we will offer you compensation for the delay, which we will be seeking ourselves from the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_Gunworx View Post
    We do apologize for the delay.

As others mentioned, we’re often under our estimated turnaround time - we’ve had a frustrating process with our PVD lab lately, but unfortunately they are the only lab of their kind within driving distance of our facility. Of course we will offer you compensation for the delay, which we will be seeking ourselves from the lab.
    That seems like a step in the right direction. With time frame so far it’s hard to expect a turn around any time soon.

Same here. It's been 10 weeks since I shipped my bolt carrier to them and still not done yet... "In the queue at the lab"

CdnGunWorx I hope you get some compensation back from the lab as I will be asking you for the same.

Next to the black spruce, near the granite outcrop by the lake (Shield Country)
    Sue them. Small Claims court doesn't cost a bunch. That usually gets a fire lit, unless they're on the verge of bankruptcy.
    Cynic: Simply an optimist with experience
    Cynic: a blackguard whose vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be
    Cynicism: Just an unpleasant way of stating the truth
    Cynicism: The power of accurate observation
    It's hard to argue against cynics; they sound smarter than optimists as they have much evidence on their side

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Same here. It's been 10 weeks since I shipped my bolt carrier to them and still not done yet... "In the queue at the lab"

CdnGunWorx I hope you get some compensation back from the lab as I will be asking you for the same.
    so same boat then?

Quote Originally Posted by JonJonM View Post
    so same boat then?
    Yup every week I get the " we're sorry but your item is still in the queue with the lab and we can't do anything other than to wait for things to move".

I think that lab might be on a big run of other items, but this long delay is not good for CdnGunWorx from a reputation perspective. I was quoted 3 weeks turnaround time but that has come and gone. I feel bad for them being a small business, but at the same time my rifle has been out of commission for 2 months.

Patience running low. Plus to know that you're at week 20 just makes this worse...

Uber Super GunNutz
    Currently at 12 weeks for replacing two incorrect and one stripped screw (like this out of the box) on a +$1000 "Custom" shotgun purchased from them.

Not looking forward to seeing what the actual time is for nickel coating my 870...currently at 12 weeks and counting...like everyone else was quoted 3-4 weeks and I assumed 6-8 weeks as real timeline but sitting at 12 weeks now and nothing...

Trying hard to support our local shops but with next to no communication and if my stuff is still there 20 weeks later they might as well consider they just bought them off me and pay me for them plus the headaches...

Hope everyone gets there stuff back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by prim8tiv View Post
    Currently at 12 weeks for replacing two incorrect and one stripped screw (like this out of the box) on a +$1000 "Custom" shotgun purchased from them.

Not looking forward to seeing what the actual time is for nickel coating my 870...currently at 12 weeks and counting...like everyone else was quoted 3-4 weeks and I assumed 6-8 weeks as real timeline but sitting at 12 weeks now and nothing...

Trying hard to support our local shops but with next to no communication and if my stuff is still there 20 weeks later they might as well consider they just bought them off me and pay me for them plus the headaches...

Hope everyone gets there stuff back soon!
    Sorry to hear you are in a similar situation. And it has got to be even worse waiting for 2 firearms even. Have both of them been there over 12 weeks? I’m starting to think I’m not getting my property back.

Where is our stuff?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast