Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meet the New Norinco 1911 models & NP762

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Snaps more. 7.62x25 would be more comparable to 357sig. Or 40sw. Or 45acp. It's a "bigger" calibre.

And there's surplus to be had if you don't reload. But even surplus will cost you as much if not more than 9mm these days. Definitely less than 45acp, and a LOT less than 357sig.
    Technically its a smaller caliber...

The 7.62x25 shoots a smaller, lighter bullet at higher velocities - 30cal 85-90gr bullets at 1500fps, vs 115-124gr at 1150fps, give or take. The differences in weight and velocity lead to differences in the way the recoil is felt by the shooter.

I always thought the 7.65x25 would be a fantastic short range small game cartridge if a reasonably accurate little rifle was made to go with it...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Technically its a smaller caliber...

The 7.62x25 shoots a smaller, lighter bullet at higher velocities - 30cal 85-90gr bullets at 1500fps, vs 115-124gr at 1150fps, give or take. The differences in weight and velocity lead to differences in the way the recoil is felt by the shooter.

I always thought the 7.65x25 would be a fantastic short range small game cartridge if a reasonably accurate little rifle was made to go with it...
    Just for comparison I have a few boxes left of the Winchester Ranger 9mm +P+ 85 grain frangible load. Box says 1430fps from a pistol and I've chrony'd it and it does what it says as an average velocity. I'm still waiting for my Ruger PC 9mm to come in and I'm curious what I'll get for velocities out of the longer barrel.

BANNED
    What about the Norc 85...a CZ clone in 7.62x25?

Quote Originally Posted by timandkimandshea View Post
    So, whats "new" about the 1911 ?
    The extended slide and mag release were on the last model. The only new thing I see is adjustable rear sight, and no more fibre optic front sight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    probably until its over
    A date would have been nice, helps me plan my purchases is all. Ended up grabbing myself a 1911, and who knows, if the sale is still on by next paycheque I might grab something else too. Or maybe before, if it does end sooner. I don't know! I'm way too impulsive...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    Nice.
    One day I hope for a Norinco commander 9mm with a Picatinny rail.
    This!

There is sweet FA in terms of a 9mm commander, let alone with a rail.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    The extended slide and mag release were on the last model. The only new thing I see is adjustable rear sight, and no more fibre optic front sight.
    The Norinco adjustable rear sight is not user friendly; it does not lock up well once set, the adjustment is counter intuitive, and I had to add a shim to the elevation hinge pin as it was lose and had a lot of side to side movement even when tight. I'm thinking about getting another one with the fixed sights. My NP58 and my NZ85 have fixed sights, and they are just fine!

CGN frequent flyer
    Tenda, are you able to bring in slimmer grips for NP762? I believe the Pakistani version is a bit slimmer.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DueyR View Post
    Thanks for the info on MilSurp ammo in the NP762. Since I have 3 crates of 7.62X25 MilSurp, I guess I'll stick to burning it off with my TT-33 and M-57. They shoot it flawlessly.

:-)
    ive shot about 200 rounds out of my DA 762 with russian surplus. zero malfunctions so far. I guess "your mileage may vary" is the phrase of the day with these.

CGN Regular
    Are there any extra mags available for these? Have had a DA 762 for years with only the two standard mags. Would love some extra mags and ditto on the slimmer grips! Please let me know I searched on your site with no luck. Thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast