Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Meet the New Norinco 1911 models & NP762

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulmer69 View Post
    Same here with the sights on the 1911. I sold the gun, but I had the adjustable sights and I found the tilted a bit to the left. Marstar even sent me a new one and the problem was slightly improved but still had that tilt. Had to shim it with a little sliver of stainless steel. Sights are not the best quality.

Cheers

Joe
    I would like to replace the sights, but new sights would cost almost as much as I paid for the whole pistol. Regardless, I point it and it shoots very tight 20 yard groups in the middle of the paper; so does my NP 58.

CGN Regular
    My mags came in and fit just great with my DA 762. I hand loaded and unloaded both mags a few times to see how they cycled. Seems like the tip tends to point downwards after the round above loads. Haven’t had a chance to cycle in the gun itself since I don’t have snap caps. Also the 10th round is VERY tight.

I’ll report actual results once I fire it, but it’s just nice to see these mags finally after about 5-6 years of only having two. Thanks Tenda and as always, appreciate the targets (which are now new and improved!!)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by halv18 View Post
    My mags came in and fit just great with my DA 762. I hand loaded and unloaded both mags a few times to see how they cycled. Seems like the tip tends to point downwards after the round above loads. Haven’t had a chance to cycle in the gun itself since I don’t have snap caps. Also the 10th round is VERY tight.
    I noticed same thing with round slightly pointing down. My original DA mags do the same. Guess because of 7.62x25 round shape. I have 10 snap caps, so loaded mags full and cycle in the gun - no problem whatsoever. Last round tight indeed. The way they restrict capacity is to blame - follower is getting close to the dimple in the mag body and gets jammed.

CGN Regular
    Shot mine this weekend with no issues. Fingers will certainly hurt loading that last round in the cold, but no issues with performance. If you have one of these pistols, definitely suggest buying some extra mags as these were hard to come by!

I like that 1911 but I'm a little bit concernet about reliability and quality of craftmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by jabba1 View Post
    I like that 1911 but I'm a little bit concernet about reliability and quality of craftmanship.
    Do some research online and you'll learn from the experience of others who have owned them. For the most part reliability is on par with everything else out there. Quality of craftmanship is also decent as the metals Norinco uses are excellent for the most part. The only sign of their entry level price is the finishing is a little rougher than that of firearms costing three times as much.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456