Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a Type 97 that can use LAR Pistol Mags?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    interesting project but it seems every t97 is different because of the QC issue. I have had 4 different t97s and only one took lar mag. 2 took pmag, and one only takes the factory mag and none other. This gun has no consistency what so ever. I shot the 5.8mm t95 and it had an AK type latch and it functioned with plastic mags I have never seen before.
    I have a 13xx and 14xx gen 1 and had a 15xx gen 1 and they all worked / didn't with the same mags.

The issue is always the spines of some mags is thicker and doesn't fit the rear slot.

The key for true north to pull it off would be to make the mags that don't work work, and the mags that already do work not be all loosely goosey now.

I'd assume to cover variances they would be machined the same way. If gun 1 was tighter than gun 2, it would get machined slightly more to the new dimension.

BANNED
    No i just want a 7.62x39mm t97

CGN Regular
    I’d love a 300 blackout conversion for my gen 2, I’d throw some cash at that.

My t97 takes exactly 2 of my lar mags. the grey ones, I ordered some more they were black - all 10 a no-go. Poly's no-go. Some 5/30's are also a no go. The recent 10/30's also a no-go.

I'm going to file mine down this spring as I complete some other builds. The rifle feels good otherwise - at least if you're a right eye, right hand shooter.

With all the new rifles coming out to market while some >ahem< individuals are talking about a ban of those very rifles and handguns a "mod'd" (i.e., working) T97 might have a place - depends on price.

6.5/10 - would do again.

CGN frequent flyer
    This is interesting. I had a Gen 1 that took any mag I threw at it including 3 different brands of LAR mags.

Where you can find the most expensive condos...
    Hang on... I ran all my LAR15 mags in my T97 and never had a problem since day 1. The title of this kinda confused me for a bit But then I realize may be some doesn't work well with them. 7.62x39 version would be nice btw.
    CCFR member now...

Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    No i just want a 7.62x39mm t97
    Same here lol
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    The type 97 is a piece is flaming garbage

BANNED
    Imo, price puts it too close to a Tavor, RDB or a couple other contenders. A T97 is somewhere on my 'to buy' list, but I don't think I'd ever pay more than $750 for one, just on principle.

I have the T97 pigeonholed in my mind, as a cheapish 'throw away' (or bury... :?) semi-reliable truck gun or gravel pit plinker.

Find a way to machine it to take 7.62x39 and I'll buy 2 . But as it stands now, count me as 1 vote for no. Unless this thread allows you to pre-sell the 10 you were hoping for; in that case well done!

TNA,with your ingenuity and business savvy,I’m surprised you guys haven’t teamed with T97.ca and tried to get a proper operating system and receiver and throwing it in franks stocks

You guys build a t97 clone that fits in t97.ca upper/lower combo and you’d have quite the rifle
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast