CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bullseye London Range - Still happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    It's just a lack of trust of members. I'm in my 30s and I'm treated like a child by some of the age timers there. My buddy and I are very respectful at the range, clean up after we are done, and don't make problems, it's very frustrating. Crumlin has some nice action ranges, and a little steel area in the back, that no one is allowed to use but the 10 older members with the red keychain. For IPSC and 3gun in the summer, either people don't show up, or the guys who run them barely set anything up for people. If you do not have time to be a section leader, then step down and let people that want to do it, do it.

As for the pistol ranges, they added a new one, and didn't even add some shorter range targets that new people can practice on. There is a lot to learn shooting 3m, 5m, 7m. Not everything has to be 10m plus.

I'll probably be going to EESA once my membership is done, the indoor range is open 24/7 and they treat you like an adult but letting you in there 24/7. If you mess up, you will be removed, they don't shame every member and leave the clubhouse/indoor pistol range and action ranges to people that barely use them.
    Go to EESA, you won't regret it. I joined and have 0 regrets. Awesome ranges and every member I've met has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by pure.black.xiii View Post
    I am a member there, not a bad place.

A bit of an "old boys club" at times tho with older gentlemen coming to talk/hang out with one another on the firing line when you are trying to shoot and are brass vultures without asking if you are wanting to keep YOUR OWN BRASS.

A few like to power trip or make up rules which gets old or DEMANDING to see your club ID RIGHT NOW even tho you've both been a member for 2 years and there is no way to tell if it is valid or not by looking at it and not to mention a valid ID card is needed to open the gates to get in/out.

The best tho is when they claim they are the "owners" there lol.
    Have been there 3 years. I am a young guy. Never experienced anything like this. Love the older guys, always like to see people out shooting and encouraged me to try trap and other shotgun sports i was never initially interested in.

It's just a lack of trust of members. I'm in my 30s and I'm treated like a child by some of the age timers there. My buddy and I are very respectful at the range, clean up after we are done, and don't make problems, it's very frustrating. Crumlin has some nice action ranges, and a little steel area in the back, that no one is allowed to use but the 10 older members with the red keychain. For IPSC and 3gun in the summer, either people don't show up, or the guys who run them barely set anything up for people. If you do not have time to be a section leader, then step down and let people that want to do it, do it.

As for the pistol ranges, they added a new one, and didn't even add some shorter range targets that new people can practice on. There is a lot to learn shooting 3m, 5m, 7m. Not everything has to be 10m plus.

I'll probably be going to EESA once my membership is done, the indoor range is open 24/7 and they treat you like an adult but letting you in there 24/7. If you mess up, you will be removed, they don't shame every member and leave the clubhouse/indoor pistol range and action ranges to people that barely use them.
    Yup. I had two of the "experienced Range Officers" tell me I shouldn't be bringing more than one magazine, and that I shouldn't have more than a few rounds of .22 in my magazine at a time.
    If I knew this were a rule, I would have never joined Crumlin. There should be big signs at Bullseye London for anyone buying a 10 or 25 round .22 magazine that they will be ridiculed by ROs at Crumlin if they try to load more than 5 rounds in their rimfire rifle. One was even questioning whether or not it was legal... but is a "trained" RO? What??!?!!?!?!?!

I was shooting in 10-15 second bursts. One shot, 10 seconds, one shot. Meanwhile I was so paranoid that these guys were going to come over and tell me I was shooting too fast for them or something. Luckily it never happened, but I know if I had shot in any rapid succession I'd be in trouble. Which is weird, because it doesn't appear to be a rule anywhere.

The amount of "rules" that aren't written anywhere and aren't communicated during orientation is ridiculous. You'll only find out about them when a red lanyard fella comes over to you and makes you feel ####ty about it.

The younger fellas at the range have been great. Extremely helpful. Seems there's just a big divide between the old and the new. One that really needs to be cleared up in a newsletter, or something. Post some official rules & regulations for each section on your website, so when some old guy comes over and tells me something I've NEVER heard before.. I can go verify it somewhere. I've been told 3 different things by 3 different ROs at this point. And I've only been to Crumlin 3 times!

Some of the older guys are awesome though. And while these guys were being nitpicky, I knew they meant no harm.. it's just unfortunate the vibe it gives being run in so many different directions.
    Last edited by MoMoney; 11-12-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyesports View Post
    We do own the land and have the new building fully designed with all necessary approvals in place. However just when we were putting out the final construction tender the announcement from the Liberal Party came that they are looking at banning certain type of firearms . Obviously if the worst happens we would have made a very significant investment and not been able to fully utilize it. So we are forced to wait and see what happens before proceeding. Unfortunately there is currently not enough information to make an informed decision. Please do your part in letting the Liberals know we believe they are targeting licensed law abiding citizens and not addressing the criminal gangs that are the actual problem.

www.NoGunBanCanada.com

We are of course very disappointed to have to pause after literally years of work toward our goal. We have already invested a large amount in the purchase of the land, building design and many other costs along with a huge amount of time. We hope that the actual facts will prevail with our elected representatives and we will be able to proceed. Once we are able to make some decisions we will be sure to inform everyone. When we are able to proceed the new firearms centre will be one of the best in North America.

Scott Patience - Owner Bulls Eye London
    you should start a class action law suite for the money you lost as well as ever body else who lost money. Need to stand up and show them we are not giving up anymore of are rights. I will donate to the cause.

BANNED

Preachhh

I stopped into Bullseye on the weekend and was told a different story which had me scratching my head. I was told that the floor plan was going to consume too much room for the range and the resulting allocation of retail space wouldn't be sufficient for their needs. The idea that the floorplan was suddenly or unexpectedly unable to meet the design intentions after all this time seemed bizarre. So I come here to check if CGN has different news, and low and behold...

Why the disparities between Scott's narrative and the staff narrative? Are both narratives true simultaneously?

Weird.

CGN frequent flyer
    Regardless of what inconsistencies (if any) have been posted, discussed, planned, etc. proceeding at this time with the drama queen, Mr. Iím Sorry and must apologize for the extinction of the dinosaurs, global trotting must see the entire planet on Canadian taxpayers dime before Iím voted out in charge would be a bad decision.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by Quaid View Post
    I stopped into Bullseye on the weekend and was told a different story which had me scratching my head. I was told that the floor plan was going to consume too much room for the range and the resulting allocation of retail space wouldn't be sufficient for their needs. The idea that the floorplan was suddenly or unexpectedly unable to meet the design intentions after all this time seemed bizarre. So I come here to check if CGN has different news, and low and behold...

Why the disparities between Scott's narrative and the staff narrative? Are both narratives true simultaneously?

Weird.
    Could be truth to this and rather than make it public they went with the whole potential gun ban route.

Either way... unfortunate. And seeming as if it won’t be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaid View Post

Weird.
    Narratives are also 7 months apart. Maybe things changed. Bullseye will have to respond with a update. My last update from Bullseye was its dead due to political climate. Others here said its back on. Bullseye knows for sure.

Post 175 from this thread
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ow-and-Like-us!

"Thanks to everyone for their patience. Today was a huge day.
    Shout out to Ethan Sweet for winning our Bushnell Scope.

Bullseye London

Press Release:

After a 4 year journey, we are happy to announce that our long awaited range is finally going out for tender.
    We are excited to give area Firearms enthusiasts a state of the art indoor range for their use. The London Sport Shooting Club will be a huge step forward for our industry and the Firearms Community. This new club will have 2 indoor ranges with nine 27m lanes each and feature the very latest in target return technology. Our email subscribers will of course have front of the line access to any of our current sales, but more importantly first access to range memberships.
    We will keep you advised to our progress and completion date as the journey goes forward. We intend to offer memberships in the early fall and will give first notice to our email subscribers before outside sales begin.

We will be located right beside the 401, for out of town road trippers
    looking for adventures in shooting and even Training.

Bullseye London thanks you for your support and loyalty over the years to allow us to take this next step.

Thanks,

Scott Patience
    Bulls Eye London
    877-630-8393
    519-937-1522"
    Join CSSA Call 1-888-873-4339 for info!
    Join CCFR https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast