Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK181-C...

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Why do they need to examine it at all? is it not a domestically manufactured NR firearm?
    You are correct, there is no legal requirement for an FRT but we can not put the WK181-C into production until we are top of the WK180-C back orders so we may as well use the waiting time to our advantage. An FRT may also help with export approval.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Why do they need to examine it at all? is it not a domestically manufactured NR firearm?
    I'm curious about this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    Thanks for the update. I hope they will complete their examination in a fair and timely manner.
    Hahahaha. I know we've been fairly lucky the past few years in regard to some of the designs that have been imported (I'm still kind of shocked that the BCL and Stag 10 made it through as NR) but I think it's important to remember that this is the same lab that has shelved guns for years at a time, have deemed things AR15 variants when they've been able to duct tape an upper to a lower and fire a single shot, or called a .22 AP80 a variant of an AK. I think that as soon as you expect them to work in a reasonably timely manner or expect them to apply logic or some sort of standard towards their examination/approval process then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

/Rant

Well I think the gun looks beautiful and can't wait to have a 7.62x39 matching set of rifles. I hope the weight stays down on the front end of the rifle and I'll be very happy customer next year in 2020. I would though have liked to have the magazine in a Robinson Arms XCR-L magazine 10 round pistol platform. I also think the square look better suits the rifles overall appearance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The "we need a sample" is a tactic to delay until their masters give them orders to say "No!"
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I would also be down for 858 mags. Only because I have a million or so lying around

AK mags only please
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Will these have in spec rails or will these also suffer incompatibility with some mounts (ie: Eotech)?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!

Can we get 10 round AK mag's? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    Will these have in spec rails or will these also suffer incompatibility with some mounts (ie: Eotech)?
    If we were to change to "In Spec" rails as you call them, we would have to purchase new extrusion dies for both the receiver and hand guards, this can not be achieved with out a large price increase. Personally I also think we would we would create more problems than we would solve, higher sight line and compatibility of after market hand guards etc. Our first goal is to keep the WK series rifles affordable. For those owners who wish to mount an Eotech, they can be mounted forward on the hand guard, I realise this will not work when a magnifier is required.

As for magazines, we only plan at this time to offer the WK 181 with AK47 type mags, this model is primarily been developed for our export market. In the future the WK180-C will also be offered in 7.72x39 using STANG type mags.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 01-04-2019 at 10:48 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixty9santa View Post
    News to me does the wk have propietary sights?