Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK181-C...

CGN Regular
    Mr. Wolverine, I am interested in the design of the bolt face. Will it have more "meat" than the AR-15 bolts in 7.62x39, and hopefully avoid those weakness issues?

What is the depth of the bolt face recess, is it .125 or the .136"?

If one could get their hands on one of these with a good strong .136 bolt, it should feed the straight walled 6.5 grendel reliably in the original WK-180C lower, using 10 round AR mags. That would be some fun tinkering around and a sweet shooting rifle for us Nutz!

I see why you are going with AK mags lower for 7.62x39, that tapered case needs the curved magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    How's the .308 version coming?
    She is not, back to the drawing board, after the great success of the WK180-C we have set the bar very high!

Quote Originally Posted by flyinlead View Post
    Mr. Wolverine, I am interested in the design of the bolt face. Will it have more "meat" than the AR-15 bolts in 7.62x39, and hopefully avoid those weakness issues?

What is the depth of the bolt face recess, is it .125 or the .136"?

If one could get their hands on one of these with a good strong .136 bolt, it should feed the straight walled 6.5 grendel reliably in the original WK-180C lower, using 10 round AR mags. That would be some fun tinkering around and a sweet shooting rifle for us Nutz!

I see why you are going with AK mags lower for 7.62x39, that tapered case needs the curved magwell.
    As we only have some pre production prototypes no details have been finalised at this time.

Will there be complete rifles for sale or just uppers? Ballpark MSRP on each??
    Veteran

CGN Regular
    Mr. Wolverine, have you considered using a modular magwell on the lower similar to the one on cz805? This way you can make one lower but have the options of using ak, ar, and pistol mag for future calibers.

I understand the development cost and time will most likely rule out the modular magwell feature, but maybe at least design the lower so that after market mag adapter can be easily attached?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane1_247 View Post
    Will there be complete rifles for sale or just uppers? Ballpark MSRP on each??
    As we are at least 6 months away from release, I have no details finalised. MSRP should be similar to the WK180-C, as for uppers only, undecided at this time.

As for pre-orders, over my dead body!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    As we are at least 6 months away from release, I have no details finalised. MSRP should be similar to the WK180-C, as for uppers only, undecided at this time.

As for pre-orders, over my dead body!
    If no pre orders then how do I secure myself one guaranteed!?!?!??!?!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by diegocn View Post
    Mr. Wolverine, have you considered using a modular magwell on the lower similar to the one on cz805? This way you can make one lower but have the options of using ak, ar, and pistol mag for future calibers.

I understand the development cost and time will most likely rule out the modular magwell feature, but maybe at least design the lower so that after market mag adapter can be easily attached?
    I have considered that, but I believe a big part of the huge success of the WK180-C was keeping the price down, our margins are extremely low. Looking forward, keeping the design simple is a must, in order to keep the final price down. We looked at modular feed wells for the Utility .308 rifle but it was going to increase the cost and aggravate any feeding issues. If we doubled the amount of available mags it would increase the likely hood that some one would be able to find one that wouldn't work, an issue we are striving to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    If no pre orders then how do I secure myself one guaranteed!?!?!??!?!
    I guess you will just have to trust us to manufacture enough to supply demand!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I guess you will just have to trust us to manufacture enough to supply demand!

Sounds good to me John!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!