Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK181-C...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    And what????? How does having a restricted version of it "jeopardize" the non restricted versions, please explain that to me

So then any firearm tha has a NR & R designation could be named restricted even tho they meet all parameters to keep them in the NR classification just for the sake that they have a restricted barrel length version??????!?!?!?!??!
    That's the AR family restriction in a nutshell. You could have an AR-15 with a non-restricted barrel length that meets all the other non-restricted requirements, but it is restricted by name. By the same token, anything other the Valmet rifle derived from the AK-47 is outright prohibited in Canada. Both restrictions have no basis in rationality, but are purely based on the fear of "scary" looking military-esque rifles. That same fear could be turned against the WK, the XCR, et-al, either by name, or by making the gun laws even more restrictive, like California.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    That's the AR family restriction in a nutshell. You could have an AR-15 with a non-restricted barrel length that meets all the other non-restricted requirements, but it is restricted by name. By the same token, anything other the Valmet rifle derived from the AK-47 is outright prohibited in Canada. Both restrictions have no basis in rationality, but are purely based on the fear of "scary" looking military-esque rifles. That same fear could be turned against the WK, the XCR, et-al, either by name, or by making the gun laws even more restrictive, like California.

No you cant have a NR AR as it is a named variant of ANY restricted. I dont think you really follow how the law goes on this matter (even with how skewed it is I know) but it's not the case for this.

Wolverine bringing in a restricted version (which isnt named on the FRT as any variant being restricted) only tries to help bring in a PISTOL version for said 10 rnd mags and if that doesnt fly in the eyes of the rcmp and labeled as a dual purpose mag would result in the PISTOL version being stuck with 5 mags no matter what.
    That is all
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    I'm super interested only if its nr.
    CCFR/NFA

I would definitely buy one of these instead of the WK180, looking forward to them being available.

BANNED
    These can't be too far off at this point. Looking forward to seeing them for sale. I would love to do a review on this one to accompany my review on the 5.56 version.

Hoping for a light profile barrel as well. Just makes the gun so much more handy.
    Last edited by driller212; 03-09-2019 at 02:43 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    These can't be too far off at this point. Looking forward to seeing them for sale. I would love to do a review on this one to accompany my review on the 5.56 version.

Hoping for a light profile barrel as well. Just makes the gun so much more handy.
    Yup couldn't agree more, light profile will be way more handy
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    With the below the SNC radar renewal of our training missions in Ukraine and Iraqi Kurdistan, would the WK181-C with a match grade barrel make a good designated marksman rifle for the forces we are training? They would share the same round and magazine, while allowing use of AR15 bipods, optics, stocks, hiders and othe DMResque accessories with the gun. I know a Canadian manufacturer sent a batch of full sniper rifles to Ukraine. Would the WK181-C make a good DMR in the same vein to support our allies in Ukraine and Kurdistan?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    I sincerely doubt any of the WK rifles could stand up to the abuse.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    With the below the SNC radar renewal of our training missions in Ukraine and Iraqi Kurdistan, would the WK181-C with a match grade barrel make a good designated marksman rifle for the forces we are training? They would share the same round and magazine, while allowing use of AR15 bipods, optics, stocks, hiders and othe DMResque accessories with the gun. I know a Canadian manufacturer sent a batch of full sniper rifles to Ukraine. Would the WK181-C make a good DMR in the same vein to support our allies in Ukraine and Kurdistan?
    I really appreciate the effort of your posts and the detail you go into, but this made laugh my f***ing a$$ off for real!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    762x39 is not a DMR caliber......but if you want a dmr the M10x is the one!!!

Sorry John couldn’t help myself
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......