Wolverine's WK181-C...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the curved banana mags be for? IMHO it really looks out of place, and why not improve function of the existing model which seems to be flawed in several ways according to user reports?

I've read elsewhere that the tapered cartridge of 7.62x39 round can cause reliability issues with the straight STANAG magazine. That's the reason the AK style magazine has its curve. I'm not sure if you'd see those issues with the 5 or 10 round magazines we are limited to up here. Hopefully someone who has the 180B will buy the C and do some heavy duty testing of the AK magazine versus the STANAG :)

I'd buy one of these and I'm not even interested in the 180c. Maybe it's the curved mag but this variant just all around looks better to me.

What would the curved banana mags be for? IMHO it really looks out of place, and why not improve function of the existing model which seems to be flawed in several ways according to user reports?
I've read elsewhere that the tapered cartridge of 7.62x39 round can cause reliability issues with the straight STANAG magazine. That's the reason the AK style magazine has its curve. I'm not sure if you'd see those issues with the 5 or 10 round magazines we are limited to up here. Hopefully someone who has the 180B will buy the C and do some heavy duty testing of the AK magazine versus the STANAG :)

Also, as you can see from some more recent posts to this thread, some people like the aesthetics of a former com-block gun. Youtuber 3 bar D even plays Russian men's choir music and wears a Russian Army inspired hat and outfit in his Youtube videos about his Type 81:
3 bar D's Youtube Channel said:

I could see someone modifying a set of VZ-58, AK, or Type 81 wood furniture for their WK-181C. Maybe a good photoshopper could mock one up?

I can tell you that my ACR in 7.62x39 has issues with the stanag mags in 10rnd configuration. The ASC 30's we can run stateside are even worse. AK mag is the way to go

I can tell you that my ACR in 7.62x39 has issues with the stanag mags in 10rnd configuration. The ASC 30's we can run stateside are even worse. AK mag is the way to go

I wonder if you get a company in the States to 3D Print an XCR-M 7.62x39 mm pistol magazine that would be STANAG compatible, but with the proper curvature? You could then get them to make a 10 round variant, or pin a 30 round one for Canada. Brian46, if you run the 10 round magazine with 8 or 9 rounds, does that help a bit with the reliability?

The more I look at this the .ore it starts to look almost like a NR mutant.
LOVE IT Wolverines.

Hope these are out for sale very soon. Like before C71 soon

I heard the faint roar of the Soviet Anthem coming from the back so I had to wander out that way.... I found Yuri Wolverine hard at work....

l6xcmLs.jpg

I wonder if you get a company in the States to 3D Print an XCR-M 7.62x39 mm pistol magazine that would be STANAG compatible, but with the proper curvature? You could then get them to make a 10 round variant, or pin a 30 round one for Canada. Brian46, if you run the 10 round magazine with 8 or 9 rounds, does that help a bit with the reliability?

A stanag mag well won't take a mag with the curve required. ASC 30rnd mags in 7.62x39 are curved, doesn't help.

The xcrM is 7.62x51, completely wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom