Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Robinson Armament XCR-M, SCAR Killer?

BANNED
    This was an interesting read

I made the recommendation to a friend to try the XCR and he hasn't looked back. Only reason I don't have one is I was more into the aesthetic of the FAMAE rifles so I nabbed one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Dang it guys! I was thinking the M was yesterday’s news and seriously considering trading/ selling mine to fund a Stag-10. Now this article’s got me re-considering!

I have the older version and it weighs like a pig.
    In my opinion, I would say definitely upgrade your model to keymod/mlok and maybe a light barrel, but don't abandon the platform. The Stag is wicked for Canada and I'm doing a build too, but not at the expense of my xcr. If I could only have one gun, it would be a xcr. Honestly as far as I'm concerned the xcr offers everything the stag does, but in a far more modern and refined package. Again I don't know if the same accuracy is possible, so if you plan is an ultra accurate, long range semi auto rig - maybe go Stag, but for anything else I would take the xcr every time. The ergo's are amazing. They're the one gun I don't do anything to. No bad lever, or ambi short throw safety, or aftermarket charging handle; everything's perfect out of the box. Non recip charging handle, full monolithic upper with uninterrupted pic rail, folds out of the box and is fully functional while folded. Would be nice to have more trigger options, but it's probably the best factory trigger I've used, and I've heard RobArms has recently been looking into more aftermarket trigger options for their platform.

Dead nuts reliable (in my experience, and with cheap surplus/steel ammo). I've played with the stocks, but I just like variety in that respect, and they pop on and off with one bolt so it's super simple. You can still swap uppers just as easily as an AR can, with the added benefit of swapping barrels too.

Personally, I think these are highly underrated in both Canada and the states. A youtube channel called Small Arms Solutions has reviewed almost all the high end modern semi's and even did one on the xcr platform. He had the same opinion; that the XCR was highly underrated and unfortunately seemed to be the industry's "best kept secret". I would have been skeptical of his opinion if that was the only video I'd watched, but I got a bit sucked in and watched a bunch. He knows his stuff. Definitely worth a watch given there's an apparent lack of reliable reviews on the XCR out there.

I have more than my fair share of modern semi's, and the XCR would be the last one I'd let go of. Not in terms of rarity or collectability (not particularly hard to replace being an in-production gun), but as a do-all gun that's still one of the most fun to shoot. ie if the government could actually take away all but one of my guns, this is the one I would hang onto.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    Arm&Gun, that is one breathtaking and stunning looker of a firearm, I have held BCL 102, Stag, many AR-10's, none of those come close to XCR platform,
    it disassembles to the firing pin point in about 6 seconds in my hands or even faster with more experienced handlers, the simplest and most robust mechanism
    of all firearms I have ever tried before. It's nice to see people "flocking" towards inferior cheaper designs, let this gem stay in hands of those few in the know, lol.
    Haha, hey thanks! Taking a picture is easy, Mr Robinson did all the work with the aesthetics, but I agree the XCR is where it's at. I 100% agree that it's cool to have guns that aren't a dime a dozen, but for RobArm's sake I wish they were more prevalent. His design is definitely deserving of more attention than it's received so far.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

BANNED
    XCR with the ACR stock looks perfect.

I had a early m quad rail, loved it but it was heavy, newer railess ones with light barrel are nice and light
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

CGN Regular
    The only gripe I have is the barrel screw, gets in the way of a Magwell grip. It could also use a better retaining besides loctiting the screw
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 10-25-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Small arms solutions is a great channel. He is a consultant and travels world wide. Used to do PR and other stuff for Colt years ago. Guy is a wizard. He says it's good, it's good.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    XCR with the ACR stock looks perfect.
    Agreed. Always thought the xcr and acr were related when I first saw them lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Thank you Arm&Gun for the review.
    My XCR-M is a safe queen as I mostly shoot ARs and .223. I don’t reload and my .308 supply is kinda small so I don’t shoot mine as much. It is dead accurate and I ring gongs at 200yds with no effort. It’s also so soft shooting, it’s almost boring.

If I was planning on using it as a field rifle, I would go MLOk or Keymod but I don’t mind it as is for now. With your testimony, I can safely consider just keeping the rifle. Thanks again for saving me money!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast