Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Robinson Armament XCR-M, SCAR Killer?

With my investment in these , I would loose my proverbial sh*t and be looking for hell to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by trap666 View Post
    The XCR is currently non restricted...what are the chances it become prohibited if Bill 71 is adopted ?
    I don't mind if it becomes restricted but I am reluctant to invest such an amount if there are chances that it becomes illegal.
    I would love to buy one but......
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    I think the name says it all.
    Hahaha!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    What is this accuracy upgrade for older models?
    Laser guided bullits??? JK

What is this accuracy upgrade for older models?
    Most info about this accuracy upgrade for old models is posted up in Q&A section of Robinson Armament official website.
    You can also find lots of info on XCR Forum (xcrforum.com), the upgrade is done for a fee. Cheers

Stop trying to pique interest in the XCR. I’m trying to get one cheap

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Take a look at the LMT MWS upper. It fits the Stag. It does exactly what you just stated could not be done with that platform. The AR design characteristics are much more proven than the XCR, not saying the XCR is not as equally formidable design, but its just not got the experience that the AR does. They are both good designs, but you have to ask: why does RA not have any Mil/Leo contracts worth mentioning? How come most big name AR10 pattern manufactures have several big contracts to their names each?

Because the AR10 can be better or worse in every way pending user set up using aftermarket upgrades. The XCR you can change the grip and the stock, and you are limited to factory barrel offerings. **rolls eyes and whirls index finger**
    I just tried both the LMT MWS and the KAC SR-25 uppers on the Stag 10 lower. Close but they didn't work. The pins are slightly off. The SR-25 was very close but I couldn't get the back pin to fit. The back pin didn't work at all with the LMT MWS. So if you were to get one that's just off spec enough with Stag lower, then it could work. But it doesn't with mine. I guess if you changed out the pin diameter for your Stag that it could fit. Loose fit though.

Now the AR10 might work. As you can actually put an AR10b lower on a LMT/KAC 308. But... you can't put the AR10 upper on the LMT/KAC lower. So not really any point. Plus it might not function properly. Obviously I'm not going to try it.

Good to see the XCR finally looking at accuracy. The barrels they used to have weren't suitable for DM and the barrel connecting system was suspect. I really liked everything else when I looked at one. Will be interesting to see how this platform progresses. Nice looking rifles!
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 10-26-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Epoxy7,
    when accuracy is as good as 5/8 sub MOA I am not really sure what you mean when you say it'll be interesting to see how this platform progresses...
    Perhaps, 5rds in exact same hole wouldn't be enough accuracy for some folks lol. What further progress would you like to see (except for the trigger options which they're tackling as we speak).
    The 5/8 of an inch sub MOA accuracy at 109 yards (100 meters) beats many bolt action rifles made for nothing but insane precision.
    Just read part 3 again, and see how far has XCR gone already, find me a battle rifle capable of such accuracy with factory match ammo (although Stag's accuracy is same or better), but imagine what insane accuracy could be further improved upon if you loaded your own ammo, a pet load that particular XCR liked?
    Not to even mention again its ability to shoot reliably after been fully submerged in water, soaked in mud, dirty and shoots well after hundreds of rounds fired without cleaning...

There were lots of people trying to achieve good accuracy in these when they came out. I honestly have my doubts about it going from 2 moa to 0.5 moa and hanging out with bolt actions. I like the xcr and have 3 but I have my doubts about it as a precision rifle.

CGN Regular
    I own a XCR-M which recieved the accuracy up grades, a new barrel and the improved trigger. With Federal Sierra Gold Medal Match King I get the same accuracy with the same ammo as my Armalite AR10 DnD rifle. Which is roughly 1" or better...bi-pod in the front with bags in the back. The scopes on both were comparable. I agree with the authors assessment....I just can't shoot as well.

There were lots of people trying to achieve good accuracy in these when they came out. I honestly have my doubts about it going from 2 moa to 0.5 moa and hanging out with bolt actions. I like the xcr and have 3 but I have my doubts about it as a precision rifle.
    Totally agree about those early models in early days of RA, your doubts are well justified if you compare old days rifles, but their ball game has taken very different turn since then, their XCR models evolved into previously unforeseen beast.
    Man I envy you having three of them lol, will get me some more XCR's soon. The competition model with long hand guard will be my next one, probably in 6.5 Creedmoore.
    But I also crave to own Stag-10 in 308 as well, the option is certainly on the table...