Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Robinson Armament XCR-M, SCAR Killer?

Just realized "nutnfancy" video on XCR-M is actually 8 years old, lol.

Looks like Wolverine is planning to get a shipment of the latest xcr's. I shot my friend's xcr before, it was one of the early models. Heavy and alright accuracy, he was using his for 3-gun. But after taking my DD v7 pro for 2 stages, he got one as well. He is keeping the xcr as his father owns a farm so he can still plink away.

And if wolverine is really bringing the newer xcr's in, I might jump on it. End of year, who knows what I'm spending on lol.

Business Member Rep
    Everything in stock is the newest version. Has been for close to a year now

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    We are not in the business of censoring respectful conversation here.
    There is no one firearm that is perfect for everyone. We felt it was worth posting this recent review which highlights the latest version of this platform and what they have morphed into today. Any negative reviews are typically the older generation. The accurizing that Alex has brought to the newest generation of the M and the L rifles has not been shouted from the rooftops. That's our fault. We have known about the upgrades for well over a year. I bet any negative reviews have not been of the latest rifles.
    If you are on the fence or dismissed this platform in the past, maybe time for another look!
    It's funny that I came across this article a few days ago and is the reason I came back to the forum to see if I could see anything new. I was interested in the XCR about 6 or 7 years ago, but people always seemed to be complaining about one thing or another. With this new generation, I am excited to add it to the top of my list as my next purchase.
    I bought my DD from Wolverine 5 years ago and these guys are top notch. Their customer service has made me confident that if anything did occur with the XCR, that Wolverine would take care of any problems.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 11-22-2018 at 06:09 PM.

My tikka varmint with heavy barrel shoots same as my XCR-M (Federal Fusion 165gr), no difference whatsoever!! At 100 yards 3 shots groups can fit inside a Loonie coin on both rifles, and this has been further reduced to a 25 cents coin with my own reloads using 165gr and CFE 223 powder behind Russian LR primers. Tikka is there for the reference point when I test new ammo or create new powder/projectile combinations. Boy if only people knew about real capabilities of XCR-M it would be very difficult to find any due to extreme demand.
    Now I feel confident enough to openly state that XCR-M could compete with almost any bolt action rifle within 500 yards with match or "pet loaded" ammo.

deleted
    Last edited by CFTOA; 01-04-2021 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    My tikka varmint with heavy barrel shoots same as my XCR-M (Federal Fusion 165gr), no difference whatsoever!! At 100 yards 3 shots groups can fit inside a Loonie coin on both rifles, and this has been further reduced to a 25 cents coin with my own reloads using 165gr and CFE 223 powder behind Russian LR primers. Tikka is there for the reference point when I test new ammo or create new powder/projectile combinations. Boy if only people knew about real capabilities of XCR-M it would be very difficult to find any due to extreme demand.
    Now I feel confident enough to openly state that XCR-M could compete with almost any bolt action rifle within 500 yards with match or "pet loaded" ammo.
    Agreed!
    Last edited by CFTOA; 01-02-2021 at 04:44 AM.

I think people need to remember that battle rifles are required to be 4 MOA or less. By the sounds of the latest rendition of the XCR, it is half of that, if not better.
    I am getting about 3 MOA with my Daniel Defense at 100m, but that's with a stock trigger, a mediocre sight and my eyesight going to sh**.
    With the Aimpoint Pro, I'm stacking rounds at 75m all day.
    That being said, Minute of Pie Plate, at 100m is all I require for a battle rifle. Try hitting a man sized moving target after you've sprinted 150m. You need to worry more about your breathing than your 2MOA capable barrel to get your shots on target.