Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Robinson Armament XCR-M, SCAR Killer?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Last edited by BlackVoid; 02-08-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Great post!!
    ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge

Where did you get the acr stock and adapter? I cant stand the fast stock. Its terrible.
    -SideBurnz-

CGN Regular
    I finally bought an older xcr when the price was right. For a factory rifle I was impressed with the features: decent trigger, great bolt release and fully ambi. I'm a lefty so I like the ambi features. I managed to get an acr stock and adapter from the ee, expensive buy worth it I think. I don't like how ar buffer tubes look on the xcr, the contour isn't right in my eyes. Got rid of the terrible brake also and put on a battlecomp babc. It Is on the heavy side but I don't have a problem with heavy guns, feels decently balanced to me. It came in 6.8 spc and I bought a 5.56 conversion also so it's a good package. I'll still probably buy one of the other NR semis available but for smaller caliber I think I'll keep the xcr.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by matm; 02-10-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Uber Super GunNutz
    You must be in Australia
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Regular
    Fixed it Haha. Gotta love that direct picture attachment... I guess it's back to an image sharing site again.

GunNutz
    Tag

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't know about a SCAR exactly but I recently did a side by side rapid fire shoot out between a Bushmaster ACR and an XCR... both in 223 and the ACR smoked the XCR for controllability.

Shooting slow deliberate fire, both were equally accurate, but shooting as fast as we could pull the trigger was a very different experience and the ACR was far easier to control.

I would be curious to do the same rapid fire test between a SCAR and ACR, because they are similar.

BANNED
    After a few years away from the platform I've decided to get another M. I just loved em so much. I have basically owned almost every iteration up to the keymod versions of the xcrs. They are very well balanced now. I'm interested to see what accuracy I can get, as my last attempt at handloads failed as my loads had an inconsistent crimp. I'll probably just be shooting surplus stuff for now anyways.

Mine was always more accurate then claimed with box ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    After a few years away from the platform I've decided to get another M. I just loved em so much. I have basically owned almost every iteration up to the keymod versions of the xcrs. They are very well balanced now. I'm interested to see what accuracy I can get, as my last attempt at handloads failed as my loads had an inconsistent crimp. I'll probably just be shooting surplus stuff for now anyways.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast