Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: The Robinson Armament XCR-M, SCAR Killer?

CGN frequent flyer
    Don't know why people are crimping cases they do not need it

if looks could kill the XCR-M would have slaughtered the SCAR-H
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    Don't know why people are crimping cases they do not need it
    For a semi auto it prevents the bullets from being pushed back into the case during the relatively violent action of chambering a round. Can prevent a kaboom.

My first experience with the XCR was a used XCR-L (full quad rail version, not the older milled center quad rail) in 5.56. It was plenty accurate at 100 yards, but i felt i could do better. Picked up a new calibre conversion to 7.62x39 and that seemed to improve my groups. Old barrel maybe worn? Idk. Either way, i loved the feel of this rifle, the soft shooting, ease of cleaning/maintenance, and yeah the ability to swap calibres in minutes. Love it so much, when the local gun store had a new XCR-M come in (the accurized version with the deeper seating gas tube) I bought it on the spot without hesitation. Keymod standard length rail. Felts smooth and comfortable in my hands. Again, another smooth action, pleasure to shoot. Admittedly it had a defect from the factory, the barrel was pushed to the right, something Dave from Wolverine would later find out was caused by the gas block and a misaligned grub screw holding it in. After getting that back from RMA, the barrel always sits perfectly centered after reinstallation. This has become my favorite firearm I own, definitely will not part with it. Price can be daunting, but I feel its worth the money and can be found cheaper that retail in the EE forum obv. I see some people make vague trash talk statements about them, but having this for the past 3 years, theres nothing about it I dont like. Bought a progressive press to keep up reloading to keep feeding this thing.

If you're on the fence about one, its definitely worth a try.

That thing is such an inaccurate piece of $hit that I sold it at a $1000 loss just to get rid of it. Good riddance. A 3-5moa+ rifle is useless and unsatisfying, especially at $1+/shot.

I have a few xcr s, from g1 to comp. None of them suffers accuracy and functional issues.
    However, cross referencing some of my experiences from other platforms and a few other xcrs I helped to fix, I do find the barrel attaching method is definitely the weak spot.
    There are few cases of shifting barrels have been reported, RA claimes to be out of spec trunnion, and responsibly replaced upper for effected rifles.
    As the case I have experienced, is a high rds count unit, barrel been swapped out many times, and forgot to tight up holding bolt in few occasions, caused trunnion and barrel extension to worn, horribly losing accuracy.
    The only solution was to replace the upper and barrel extension.
    Looks like even though it's been designed to have barrel quick swap ability, but you shouldn't do it too often and no much room for mistakes.
    Compare with other Scar project rifles, as personal opinion, xcr's trunnion, is the most inferior design if all.
    Too bad, RA seemed have no intention to improve or fix this.
    Last edited by SouthWest Guy; 12-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    Eat rice, but ain't ricer, love spicy stuff
    Have you listen to Jordan Peterson lately? You should, and just letting you know i'm currently cleaning out my room/house/shop/garage/tool box/safe
    CCFR, CSSA, CFIB member

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011