Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39 Kits

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    If we could get 5.45 bolts (do they even exist for ARs?) and barrels, I'd consider making my Modern Sporter a special snowflake in 5.45
    They sure do, as well as dedicated magazines. However with a slight modification to the follower, pmags can also be used. Although with all our mags pinned I doubt you would even need to bother.

Everything needed already exists. It's just a matter of getting the ball rolling.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 10-25-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    If we could get 5.45 bolts (do they even exist for ARs?) and barrels
    Concerning the bolt you can work around with the extractor. Barrel for this calibre in AR configuration didn't exist yet in NA. You may order one in Europe and with a gunsmith knowledge to arrange that. Also the mag spring should be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    Getting the ammo approved by NRCAN is not as hard as people make it out to be.
    Maybe you can share little bit your know-how on this mater.

A CZ conversion would be awesome in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    This has been asked before but with the new non-restricted modular rifles being released (I'm looking at you SLR and MS)
    I think it holds new relevance. We've already been told that ammo will be around the same price as surplus 7.62x39.
    Are you guys able to bring in a few 5.45x39 barrel and bolt kits for us to play with? Saves the dealer (and us) from having to invest lots of money into expensive rifles.

How many names would you need in order to make this happen??
    Where do you get the ammo? That isnt a buck a pop,

Quote Originally Posted by rosconow View Post
    Where do you get the ammo? That isnt a buck a pop,
    If you build it, they will come. (Although a forum member has it in stock right now for I believe around 60 cents.) Canada ammo has looked into this before. They can get surplus for around the same price as 7.62x39 surplus. The only thing holding them back is demand.

I would personally rather shoot 5.45 as a primary for 20-25 cents a pop than 5.56 at double the price.

Not only that, but America has banned the import of the surplus ammo which makes it that much cheaper and easier for us and our pocketbooks.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 10-26-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by Valsa View Post
    Concerning the bolt you can work around with the extractor. Barrel for this calibre in AR configuration didn't exist yet in NA. You may order one in Europe and with a gunsmith knowledge to arrange that. Also the mag spring should be adjusted.
    Sorry but no. Where the heck are you getting your info from??
    Barrels and bolts are already available. Only thing is getting them in an 18.6 length. I am already talking with a company who is receptive to the idea. Just waiting on prices.

I can see this being a FAR more popular conversion than 7.62x39. Not to mention it makes more sense given the platform.
    There is availability and support for niche calibers like 6.8spc and 6.5 grendel. Calibers that are hard to find and sometimes reloads only.

Why on earth would people not be interested in a caliber with virtually untapped supply of ammo?
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 10-26-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

We have found ourselves on the receiving end of a lot of great deals on ammo that the US cannot import, like Czech steel core and all that norinco ammo years back. Why isn't anyone bringing in 7N6? I don't even have a gun in 5.45 but I'd get one and buy tons of crates if we could see some "old" pricing!

If a 5.45 calibre firearm was brought into canada (along with ammo) im sure I would pick it up as long as its not over 3 grand. Would prefer it to be non-restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by jebnert View Post
    If a 5.45 calibre firearm was brought into canada (along with ammo) im sure I would pick it up as long as its not over 3 grand. Would prefer it to be non-restricted.
    That's why we're aiming for 4 or 500 dollar conversion kits. Reduces risk on the part of the dealer, and us.

I never understood why the heck CZ went with a .223 858 instead of the obvious 5.45 choice.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast