Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39 Kits

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    We have found ourselves on the receiving end of a lot of great deals on ammo that the US cannot import, like Czech steel core and all that norinco ammo years back. Why isn't anyone bringing in 7N6? I don't even have a gun in 5.45 but I'd get one and buy tons of crates if we could see some "old" pricing!
    Heck, I'd go as far as to shoot 5.45 INSTEAD of 5.56!
    I am a kit hor(der)

The ammo isnt "untapped"
    It's being sent to warzones the world over for $2 a round (at massive profit). Nobody cares about 100 Canadian guys with weird ar15 conversions. X39 runs fine and cheaply...why do we need another?

Want cheap "5.56"? Then we gotta buy a press. That's the way of the road Ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    The ammo isnt "untapped"
    It's being sent to warzones the world over for $2 a round (at massive profit). Nobody cares about 100 Canadian guys with weird ar15 conversions. X39 runs fine and cheaply...why do we need another?

Want cheap "5.56"? Then we gotta buy a press. That's the way of the road Ricky.
    Um....yeah. for every 1 weapon in 5.45 being fielded there are 10 7.62x39...yet we still have ammo.
    If it's not being shipped to America then yeah, it might as well be untapped.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 10-26-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Um....yeah. for every 1 weapon in 5.45 being fielded there are 10 7.62x39.
    If it's not being shipped to America then yeah, it might as well be untapped.
    Perhaps you are unaware of the Ukrainian / Russian situation, but that's where a lot of it's going. Can find stuff on it if you scour a bit, can't recall exactly where to point you though. It's also not going to America, due to sanctions (CAATSA)

Yes, due to sanctions....not due to lack of supply.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What came first, chicken or or the egg? No ammo cuz no rifles use it, no rifles to use it since ammo is unavailable. Someone's gonna have to blink first.

I'd be interested in a barrel/bolt combo, doesn't have to be 18.6" either. WOLF ammo is already in Canada, another dealer on here has had the 20 round boxes of 5.45x39. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to get some of their 750 round cases of 5.45x39. 6.5 Grendel as well for that matter, they have brass and cheap steel cased available...

That's still .30 cents a round before Importation...
    That's not that great of a deal for steel case ammunition vs cheap .223 really. With surplus, people already cry about pouring hot water down their barrel to clean corrosive x39, on a chrome lined barrel... can you imagine the woes with an ar15 barrel and gas system?

It's a case of "we want it because we don't have it". I used to ask about this also, don't get me wrong, but I realize it isn't useful or practical vs other calibers.
    Last edited by $kull; 10-27-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    That's still .30 cents a round before Importation...
    That's not that great of a deal for steel case ammunition vs cheap .223 really. With surplus, people already cry about pouring hot water down their barrel to clean corrosive x39, on a chrome lined barrel... can you imagine the woes with an ar15 barrel and gas system?

It's a case of "we want it because we don't have it". I used to ask about this also, don't get me wrong, but I realize it isn't useful or practical vs other calibers.
    I agree with this. If 7n6 is corrosive than I probably wouldn’t get one.

If I can get a conversion kit for my xcr-l I'm in.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast