Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.45x39 Kits

5.45x39 Kits

This has been asked before but with the new non-restricted modular rifles being released (I'm looking at you SLR and MS)
    I think it holds new relevance. We've already been told that ammo will be around the same price as surplus 7.62x39.
    Are you guys able to bring in a few 5.45x39 barrel and bolt kits for us to play with? Saves the dealer (and us) from having to invest lots of money into expensive rifles.

How many names would you need in order to make this happen??
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 10-25-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

The 5.45×39mm cartridge is used by AK74 and others derivations. Prohibited type of riffles. And i don't think that you will have enough suplus ammo for this calibre.

BANNED
    It would sell like hot cakes in Canada - if the Cases can be brought over

I know I'd be VERY interested in a barrel/bolt/ammo combo ^.^b
    Giveth thy joys unto Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be joyless. - Norc 3:05

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure most of these other threads about 5.45 have ended up with a dealer saying that the ammo isn't approved by NRCAN for import, if so then this is just a pipe dream. If not then I would be on board for a case or two obviously

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspectacles View Post
    I could be wrong but I am pretty sure most of these other threads about 5.45 have ended up with a dealer saying that the ammo isn't approved by NRCAN for import, if so then this is just a pipe dream. If not then I would be on board for a case or two obviously
    Getting the ammo approved by NRCAN is not as hard as people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspectacles View Post
    Sorry but no. *insert forum member here* (sorry IRG) has 5.45 currently in stock. (Albeit in limited quantities)
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN frequent flyer
    If we could get 5.45 bolts (do they even exist for ARs?) and barrels, I'd consider making my Modern Sporter a special snowflake in 5.45
    f:P

I would love a firearm in this calibre, I am a firm fan of Russian type calibres, I want one in my collection that's NR
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    If we could get 5.45 bolts (do they even exist for ARs?) and barrels, I'd consider making my Modern Sporter a special snowflake in 5.45
    Several exist. Mostly from Adam Arms and a few other lower end makers but they are out there. Popularity is minimal in the States but some people shoot them. I'd personally be more interested in the 9x39mm AR variants currently being prototype'd down there. That would be a fun little round to have.
    ETA: That said, if a conversion could be made for the VZ-58 to 5.45, now that would be interesting...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast