Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lithuania Orders More HK G36s

Lithuania Orders More HK G36s

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/10/26/lithuania-orders-more-hk-g36/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    I was hoping to see " North Sylva orders more G36's" LOL , good to know though. Stay safe

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Not an attractive rifle to my eyes. But I'm not the guy in charge of Lithuanian procurement.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Also a rifle unfit for German service...and being replaced

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Also a rifle unfit for German service...and being replaced
    Allegations that the G36 is unfit for German service were nothing more than politically-motivated lies from a hard-core leftist German Defence Minister, intended to "punish" HK for marketing "weapons of war". The reports of zero shift during sustained automatic fire (far exceeding the weapon's design parameters, BTW), have been thoroughly debunked. You really should stop perpetuating unfounded internet rumour - it serves no purpose other than to make you look ill-informed.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Not an attractive rifle to my eyes. But I'm not the guy in charge of Lithuanian procurement.
    If the criteria is buying weapons purely on looks you sorely mistaken. Personally I like the look of the G36 K & C. But I like other guns like AUG still the best.

To each their own.

I'm pretty clear that any weapons procurement process places "aesthetics" way down the list, if anywhere on the list at all. I'm just saying I've seen prettier guns, including the AUG. Damn design is 40 years old and it still looks like the future.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Oh, I dunno - I like both about equally...

That said, the AKM has a certain utilitarian aesthetic all its own....

At the end of the day however, there is no arguing the elegance of the classic Battle Rifles....������

Mark C

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Bartok5, I think I shot your AK back in the day @ Springfield Range in NB? Good times, GREAT memories!

Cheers
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    That said, the AKM has a certain utilitarian aesthetic all its own....

Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    At the end of the day however, there is no arguing the elegance of the classic Battle Rifles....������

100% in agreement. Glad I don't have to carry one, but there's something very handsome about that rifle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast