Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lithuania Orders More HK G36s

[QUOTE=Bartok5;15354316]Oh, I dunno - I like both about equally...
    Bartok, You have got to have one of the most insane collections out there. I would love to get G36-E. One day perhaps LOL. How is that Hensoldt optic? Is it the illuminated reticle? I have the OS4X Elcan and was wondering how they compared.

That said, the AKM has a certain utilitarian aesthetic all its own....
    I have had the chance to fire one and it was excellent. Damn.

At the end of the day however, there is no arguing the elegance of the classic Battle Rifles....������

Wish the FAL was not prohibited, would have one for sure. Along with a G3/HK91. Seems like you have almost all the "Dream" guns I cannot have. If you ever need help playing with them I can bring ammo LOL.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!
    Heckler and Koch - USP Elite 9mm Match/Hybrid LEM!
    Smith and Wesson 1076-FBI 10mm 4.25" 200gr@1225fps!!!

Yes, French Police have put in many, many orders for more G36's as well. Those using the guns are very, happy with them. They do have some issues, such as the sighting system being a bit high over bore, but with a low mounted Aimpoint on a low metal rail it's not much of an issue.

As for the melting.....well if you open crates of thousands of rounds and plow through it without letting the rifle cool....then there will be problems. How long can the AR15 FOW's fire on full auto before the gas tube melts? rendering the gun useless?

Rich

The Zeiss-marked optic is excellent - directly comparable to the Elcan OS4. It is slightly heavier and a little wider than the Elcan, but also a bit shorter. The Zeiss QD system is superior to the Elcan's ARMS levers. The reticle is very simple and intuitive with a horizontal Stadia Line, a Crosshair and 3 Hold-Overs. The lenses are the same size in both scopes (30mm), and the glass in the Zeiss is at least as good as the Elcan. Mine is the non-illuminated model, which I never use anyways. The scopes are priced approximately the same, or were before the Elcan price adjustment. The Zeiss retails for $1325 USD from Europtic, but can be found pre-owned for considerably less. I paid $1000 CAD for mine.
    Mark C

Just for you Deus, seeing as how they're sorta ugly compared to the others....

Last edited by Bartok5; 10-26-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The Zeiss-marked optic is excellent - directly comparable to the Elcan OS4. It is slightly heavier and a little wider than the Elcan, but also a bit shorter. The Zeiss QD system is superior to the Elcan's ARMS levers. The reticle is very simple and intuitive with a horizontal Stadia Line, a Crosshair and 3 Hold-Overs. The lenses are the same size in both scopes (30mm), and the glass in the Zeiss is at least as good as the Elcan. Mine is the non-illuminated model, which I never use anyways. The scopes are priced approximately the same, or were before the Elcan price adjustment. The Zeiss retails for $1325 USD from Europtic, but can be found pre-owned for considerably less. I paid $1000 CAD for mine.
    I always wanted one of those. Especially the 4x30I version that has the illuminated reticle with a more traditional BDC. I just could not find one when I was looking for a fixed optic like the Elcan or ACOG.
    Heckler and Koch - USP Tactical 45 Match/Hybrid LEM - Best trigger setup for any USP!!

Just for you Deus, seeing as how they're sorta ugly compared to the others....

GREAT OOOOGGELLY MOOGELLYY!!!!!!!
    I change my earlier statement from one of the best to THE BEST!!!!!!

You have an UMP and MP7 too? LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    maybe now, it will be easier getting parts from lithuania than from you
    typical British wankers

BANNED
    Allegations that the G36 is unfit for German service were nothing more than politically-motivated lies from a hard-core leftist German Defence Minister, intended to "punish" HK for marketing "weapons of war". The reports of zero shift during sustained automatic fire (far exceeding the weapon's design parameters, BTW), have been thoroughly debunked. You really should stop perpetuating unfounded internet rumour - it serves no purpose other than to make you look ill-informed.
    Preach!!!

Same with people jokingly saying the HK solgan is "because you suck and we hate you" due to what they can/cannot export out of country. People forgot or do not realize they are limited on what they can send overseas for non government organizations to buy is due to the USA putting sanctions on them decades ago...

CGN Regular
    At the end of the day however, there is no arguing the elegance of the classic Battle Rifles....������

Brownells is making these again, and it would be nice if someone picked up Canadian distribution: https://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...rod115389.aspx

It even has the right receiver cut to be NR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    Yes, French Police have put in many, many orders for more G36's as well. Those using the guns are very, happy with them. They do have some issues, such as the sighting system being a bit high over bore, but with a low mounted Aimpoint on a low metal rail it's not much of an issue.
    Now that's interesting, since their military is moving from the FAMAS to the HK416. I'm surprised the police didn't standardize with the army, but then again, when in France you see police (multiple agencies) with one hell of a smattering of different carbines.

Last trip there I saw police with: FAMAS, G36, Mini-14, M12, and UMPs. I also had more guns inadvertantly pointed at me in a week there than in a lifetime on ranges with new shooters. The French police and military have near zero muzzle discipline.
    Last edited by Botts; 10-27-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Append

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Bartok5,
    Do you charge admission or even allow us droolers to fondle your toys?
    I’ve played with the G3, HK94, HK93, AUG, AK family, Thompson, FN, Uzi, M-14 etc years ago when they were allowed to roam freely but your pics sure brings back memories!
    Thanks for letting us old timers reminisce!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast