Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lithuania Orders More HK G36s

Hey Still Alive, here are a few more just for you! One old-timer to another!

Last edited by Bartok5; 10-27-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Good god! Are you adopting?
    Crap! That won’t work either since I don’t have 12(3-5)!!!!

Thanks for the pics Mark! Really emphasizes how our freedom is eroding away. Cheers!

PS Is that Uzi the closed or open bolt one? I assume with that barrel length, it’s an open bolt?

And is the third from the bottom a Daiwoo?
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

The Uzi is a very nicely executed Belgian Fabrique Nationale example with Congolese Army markings from a 1970 contract production run. Shades of "The Wild Geese"! Israel sold full Uzi production tooling to Fabrique Nationale and allowed the Belgians to manufacture under license. Then in the 1980s the Belgians sold the tooling to Croatia, who manufactured identical guns marked "ERO Uzi", with ERO presumably being the Croat company name or initials. I know this first-hand, as we confiscated many crates of brand new ERO Uzi's still in the grease during my tour in Bosnia during the first half of 1997.

Yes, that is a Daewoo South Korean Service Rifle. A little-known but quite excellent long-stroke (AK-esque) piston-driven, hybrid AR design.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 10-27-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    The Daewoo was an example of a fine indigenous design. I believe they decided not to be reliant on US supplies?
    That is a beautiful UZi. The ex-Israeli ones I had the pleasure to try were beat to hell and back!

Anyways, we’ve hijacked this thread enough. I’m sure Lithuania will find the G36s more than adequate for their needs!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Long live the G36! Now, if we could just find a steady source and get the Canadian price down....
    Mark C

This is honestly the most consistently accurate and 100% reliable carbine/rifle in my collection. It is closely followed by my Colt Canada Flat-Top Heavy Barrel carbine and my Bushmaster ACR....

Mark C

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123