Thread: SBI Corrosive cleaner

SBI Corrosive cleaner

Do you guys have a tutorial or video somewhere showing how to use your corrosive cleaning product. I previewed a video made by the hunting gear guy using your product on a sks and all he does is give things a wipe and oil. Is that really all there is to it? Some help pic’s,videos, maybe on a sks would help sell me on your product. Thanks

For what it’s worth, I poured the cleaner into a small eyeglasses style spray bottle and just spray it directly on my sks parts exposed to the corrosive salts (gas system, bolt face etc) then wipe off. Also I’ll wet a patch w it to shove down the barrel followed by some dry ones, then a bore cleaner after.

Thanks for the reply. Would anyone recommend this product over any other methods. I’m only asking because I recently purchased some really cheap corrosive Russian surplus and I would like to keep my rifle in tip top shape.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyhotrodac View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Would anyone recommend this product over any other methods. I’m only asking because I recently purchased some really cheap corrosive Russian surplus and I would like to keep my rifle in tip top shape.
    Water followed by oil, or water mixed with ballistol followed by ballistol.

it's just salt, not some dire alchemical metal-eating compound from the pit. water dissolves salt and oil protects cleaned metal
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyhotrodac View Post
    Other methods of hot water, or windex, or ballistol/water all work. Our product is designed to be more convenient.