Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter UPDATE stock compatibility Oct 31 UPDATE NOV 12th

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    And the window for the JP deal has closed as of now.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Do you have an ETA on when you will be receiving the SCS's from JP?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Do you have an ETA on when you will be receiving the SCS's from JP?
    I would hope before New Years but that is only a hope. We are totally at the mercy of JP getting the order to our export agent and then at the mercy of the Dept of Satae to process and export license in a timely manner around Christmas time.
    The reality side of me says mid January if all goes well.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post

4) Return the lower and we will exchange it for a lower from production run #2 where this issue will not exist. This will mean not having your lower until mid summer of 2019 however, but for those who want to avoid the backdoor registry we can still accommodate this up until C-71 becomes law.
    So what stops your guys from releasing to these customers, and others who have pre-ordered... there serial number(s), paperwork and invoicing for their rifle.

This is basically how restricted are handled, I have the serial number in my possession, long before the gun. The day I buy the gun, is the day the serial number is bound to me.

So with a non restricted, following a similar practice, you guys shouldn't have much issues releasing the correct documentation showing these are literally in production and here is your serial number.

Is this magically illegal for non restricted guns? Am I missing something? Has this been brought up a million times before me? (im new)

Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    So what stops your guys from releasing to these customers, and others who have pre-ordered... there serial number(s), paperwork and invoicing for their rifle.

This is basically how restricted are handled, I have the serial number in my possession, long before the gun. The day I buy the gun, is the day the serial number is bound to me.

So with a non restricted, following a similar practice, you guys shouldn't have much issues releasing the correct documentation showing these are literally in production and here is your serial number.

Is this magically illegal for non restricted guns? Am I missing something? Has this been brought up a million times before me? (im new)
    Nothing. They invoice every rifle. I had my invoice with serial number before I paid for it.

Hmm interesting, I heard both pre-order people are screwed for the new bill and then also we are good to go. Personally I feel like the purchase date would be the deadline indication.

Hmm interesting, I heard both pre-order people are screwed for the new bill and then also we are good to go. Personally I feel like the purchase date would be the deadline indication.
    It all goes by the day they were paid for. Doesnt matter if it's in the buyers possession or not as long as it has been paid for it wont be subject to c71. Only firearms purchased the day c71 gets royal ascent and becomes law and every day there after will they need to keep records and police will only have access to those records from that day forward. I wont be telling the rcmp how many non restricted firearms I own and if anyone does they are a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    police will only have access to those records from that day forward.

"102 (1) Subject to section 104, for the purpose of ensuring compliance with this Act and the regulations, an inspector may at any reasonable time enter and inspect any place where the inspector believes on reasonable grounds a business is being carried on or there is a record of a business, any place in which the inspector believes on reasonable grounds there is a gun collection or a record in relation to a gun collection or any place in which the inspector believes on reasonable grounds there is a prohibited firearm or there are more than 10 firearms and may

(d) require any person to produce for examination or copying any records, books of account or other documents that the inspector believes on reasonable grounds contain information that is relevant to the enforcement of this Act or the regulations."

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

So what this really boils down to is whether the invoice is a deposit, or if the invoice is closed. We've had some people request to pay in full for their second production run receiver set, so that the invoice can be closed off and filed.

Assigning serial numbers to invoices before they are ready to ship is a pain in the butt because it allows no room for substitution or flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    So what this really boils down to is whether the invoice is a deposit, or if the invoice is closed. We've had some people request to pay in full for their second production run receiver set, so that the invoice can be closed off and filed.

Assigning serial numbers to invoices before they are ready to ship is a pain in the butt because it allows no room for substitution or flexibility.
    Hi the reply is much appreciated. I think at the least Il look into paying in full sooner than later. Thanks again

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast