Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Bolt-action 7.62x25 SBR?

Possibility of a Bolt-action 7.62x25 SBR?

Bolt Action 7.62x25 SBR

Pros:
    Many 7.62x25 rounds were manufactured to shoot out of Sub-guns, so a 8-10 in barrel on a Bolt gun could still take full advantage of the round itself.
    OAL could be 26.5in (good gun to toss in your truck, or use as a varminter, could definitely walk through the bush with it).
    Mag capacity could be quite high as they'd be designed for a bolt action (or could use existing Tok or P762 mags).
    Very easily cleaned if you used Surplus through it (and thus ammo could be real cheap)
    Not scary looking.

Cons:
    Could make Bolt action precision rifle purists really mad???

I'd imagine it could be relatively simple to design (wood stock, maybe a modified short action similar to a CZ 527) though I couldn't imagine the production costs.

Comments?

I would buy 15 in a heartbeat....ok maybe just one, but I would definitely grab one

BANNED
    I've been waiting for this ship to come in since I joined this site. The pessimist I am tells me I'll continue to wait for the indefinite future.

BANNED
    I'd be in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Or perhaps a delayed or direct blowback bullpup semi-auto. Round tube upper receiver and polymer lower. Should come in pretty cheap for manufacturing cost....profit$$. And easy to make a 9mm version. Design it with an AR15 trigger group. This might sell better than a bolt action.

But I understand the appeal of a bolt action. And I don't think anyone is making a pistol-calibre centerfire bolt action other than the 22 TCM from Armscor. Even if it was the action-only on the same footprint as some common rimfire rifle. Then the buyer could get his own aftermarket stock. There is definitely a gap between rimfires and the Howa Mini/CZ527 sized bolt actions.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

A compact bolt gun in any pistol calibers would sell well in canada, I'd take a 5.7x28. I did see a 45 ACP Stevens 200 kickin around once.
    Mossberg 183D .410: IGA s/s 20g: Sinsinati s/s 14" 12ga; Mossberg 500 12ga
    Remington 597 22lr: Cooey 600 22lr: Savage MK II 22lr; Savage 93GV 17hmr
    WK180-C 5.56: Stevens 200 22-250: Savage 111 .270

The Tok 7.62x25 is a great round for a small carbine!!! So much of that powder in those military rounds gets burnt in the air I have to wonder that kind of FPS we’d see out of a 18.6” bolt gun. It would make a great varmint round and great for kids to shoot once they’re ready to move up from .22.

I’ve personally wanted one for years but every time one of these threads starts, it gets derailed fast with requests for everything else like different cals, semi-autos ect.

Truthfully, I don’t think there’s a big business case for them. They’d have to cost $600-$700 and be made by savage. If the sales of the 7.62x39 bolt guns are any indication I’d expect most dealers to keep away from this idea.

I can still dream though.

We may be better off with a thread on what action is best to make our own custom ones...

I would buy it in a heart beat if it’s a sub gun

I was toying with the idea of building a NR "suppressed" sten clone in 7.62 tok. If this became available, I'd buy one.
    I am a kit hor(der)

How plentiful is the ammo? It seems like a good caliber for a subgun, although I think the issue is alot of the surplus is steel core no? That poses an issue for many indoor ranges.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast