Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter UPDATE stock compatibility Oct 31 UPDATE NOV 12th

I will probably be running the JP SCS in mine, but being as it's only .050 thicker, couldn't a person just have that much milled off the back end of the receiver. I realize this would screw up the anodizing, but if a person wanted a permanent solution, would this be viable.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    I will probably be running the JP SCS in mine, but being as it's only .050 thicker, couldn't a person just have that much milled off the back end of the receiver. I realize this would screw up the anodizing, but if a person wanted a permanent solution, would this be viable.
    Technically yes it would be feasible. It is something we entertained, but there are quite a few lowers out in the world now, there is a high probability that the lowers would get marked slightly in the fixtures and the anodizing would be removed with the material.
    The other option we looked at was to mill a pocket in the rear of the lower but then the butt stock would need to be modified.

Given the take down manner of the upper and lower is quite different than an AR, there is no down side to not using the buffer retainer other than the very minor inconvenience of having to push the buffer and spring back inside the tube when you push the upper back to engage the takedown pin.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks for the reply Rick. Like I said, I’ll be running a JP SCS in mine anyway - I prefer them, so it’s not a big deal to me. I am in complete agreement with jiffx2781’s comments above.

I’m waiting to see pricing on the JP’s. I’ve got one in my AR right now, and was just going to pull it out for my build (let’s face it, once I’ve got the Modern Sporter the AR isn’t going to get much use). But I might just pick up another one, depending on price
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Is this not exactly how the Modern Varmint Factory version works? And I don't recall hearing anyone complaining about it.

I personally don't see this as a big deal but I have to say the fact that you openly admit to making an oversight (read mistake) AND most importantly offer real world solutions to your customers is why the "other" guys aren't even close to being in the same league.
    This. So much this.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    ^^^Word

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    We had a client bring in a Gen 2 UBR stock today so we could modify the buffer tube to make the tube engage the buffer retainer. I had to take .085" off of the shoulder of the tube to get engagement. Interesting that A2 tubes have more protruding ahead of the threads than these do but nonetheless the UBR tube with the modification worked out charmingly.
    Shaun will post some pictures either over the weekend or early next week.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    Emailed about price for jp silent capture spring, assuming you guys will just announce it once youre ready.

Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    Emailed about price for jp silent capture spring, assuming you guys will just announce it once youre ready.
    I am also interested in a price on this...

Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    Same here. Figured they may as well ship it with my lower and save some freight

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast