Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 26 January 2019 Debrief Here!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RHensler View Post
    Thank you Barney

Being my first time at one of your seminars, or any really, can you tell me if we'll be doing things like checking head space or should I have that done before? My rifle is new and not even shot yet.

Also, I'm assuming we're responsible for our own lunch?

Thank you
    Rob
    Brand new M305 rigs at the clinic need to shot and lots before we tighten them up, that’s speaking “in an ideal world”. The mating surfaces will get to know each other and I can SEE the contact point in the bolt lug engagement

I get a kick out of you M305 M1A M14 lovers who refer to said rifle as a “civilian” rig when “checking for headspace”.

Remember that this is a BATTLE rifle, read “bolt interchange ability” ; and hence generous headspace designed, built in, at the factory. I’ve dealt with clients who want / insist/ desire a tight match grade chamber right from the dealer shelf. Good.....then buy yourself a Tikka T3 Target or Compact or buy yerself an SPS Varmint in 308 or an Accuracy International AT 308 like I have from Wolverine Supplies. You can always pony up the $2100 for a New M1A and I will bet your chamber will be 1.632” because I read that hang tag.

One could always have an expert like M14 Medic assemble you a Krieger barreled (Nordic Marksman Or Hirsch Precision or Mystic Precision) LRB or M1A for a few $1000 AND you will now have a 1.630” chamber just like my 700 Magpul 308 but cheaper if you buy the 700...

Now if you cannot afford the sticker shock of said builds with a tight chamber, then consider building an IDF Parts kit on a Norinco receiver. We have done many of those in the past several years and I’ve discovered that I will achieve a predictably snug chamber of 6 thou or 1.630” + 0.006” = 1.636” ( I was offered a job to teach Maths when I finished my year of Electrical Trade School)

So checking headspace (with my Forrester civilian gauges) is as useful as discussing Science / evidence based Gun Control Policies with the Lieberal Dzcksuckers. The generous chamber of Norinco 15 thou (1.645”) will swallow ANY civilian gauge and you will walk away with an impression that yer dick will fall off.

Now if you shoot with one of them super cheap MIM bolts from the PRC Kommunists, THEN your dick WILL fall off!

So just get out and shoot! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney

OMG!!!!

My dick will be falling off soon!!!!

My wife warned me about having guns in the house!

Now I believe her!

So when my dick falls off..... where will it break off? I hope its near the tip so I will have a stub..... LMAO!!!!

Still spots open for this?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    Still spots open for this?
    Yes as of this current moment I have a spot open....

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Brand new M305 rigs at the clinic need to shot and lots before we tighten them up, that’s speaking “in an ideal world”. The mating surfaces will get to know each other and I can SEE the contact point in the bolt lug engagement

I get a kick out of you M305 M1A M14 lovers who refer to said rifle as a “civilian” rig when “checking for headspace”.

Remember that this is a BATTLE rifle, read “bolt interchange ability” ; and hence generous headspace designed, built in, at the factory. I’ve dealt with clients who want / insist/ desire a tight match grade chamber right from the dealer shelf. Good.....then buy yourself a Tikka T3 Target or Compact or buy yerself an SPS Varmint in 308 or an Accuracy International AT 308 like I have from Wolverine Supplies. You can always pony up the $2100 for a New M1A and I will bet your chamber will be 1.632” because I read that hang tag.

One could always have an expert like M14 Medic assemble you a Krieger barreled (Nordic Marksman Or Hirsch Precision or Mystic Precision) LRB or M1A for a few $1000 AND you will now have a 1.630” chamber just like my 700 Magpul 308 but cheaper if you buy the 700...

Now if you cannot afford the sticker shock of said builds with a tight chamber, then consider building an IDF Parts kit on a Norinco receiver. We have done many of those in the past several years and I’ve discovered that I will achieve a predictably snug chamber of 6 thou or 1.630” + 0.006” = 1.636” ( I was offered a job to teach Maths when I finished my year of Electrical Trade School)

So checking headspace (with my Forrester civilian gauges) is as useful as discussing Science / evidence based Gun Control Policies with the Lieberal Dzcksuckers. The generous chamber of Norinco 15 thou (1.645”) will swallow ANY civilian gauge and you will walk away with an impression that yer dick will fall off.

Now if you shoot with one of them super cheap MIM bolts from the PRC Kommunists, THEN your dick WILL fall off!

So just get out and shoot! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney
    Thank you Barney.

I’m looking forward to this seminar even more now. It seems there is so much crap information about these rifles and what should be done to make them tighter. This is my first battle rifle and I’m about as uneducated as you can get on what they’re really capable of.

Saved for the fifteen M14 lovers who have registered......if you cannot make it, I am planning a February and possibly a March date. I work well with the CDN Gunworkx crew!!

1) Toraldred
    2) Mredward
    3) Scoutertracker
    4) LT- Data
    5) TankSoldier
    6) Mangun
    7) minime
    8) Wrangler4867
    9) safehunter1
    10) safehunter2
    11) LafreniereJ
    12) 260Snowbird
    13) Rhensler
    14) just having some fun
    15) PeterD

Standby List

1)
    2)
    3)

We always have a great time at these clinics!

Cheers, Barney
    Hi Barney,

I see that the January clinic is full and I need two spots so I will need to register for either the February or March clinic. Will these both be held on a Saturday like the one in January? When will you know the dates? And when can I register for them?

Thanks very much!

Tom
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

Business Member
    Tom....I’m currently wrapping up great negotiations with the super folks at CDN Gunworkx and looks like 23 Feb is a go!

I will set up a new thread. Go ahead and send payment for two spots. I have a Mess Dinner tonight so right now I have to bust open the medals and pin them on my regimental jacket...can’t type up a new thread yet until tomorrow.

Your thoughts??

Cheers, Barney

Tom....I’m currently wrapping up great negotiations with the super folks at CDN Gunworkx and looks like 23 Feb is a go!

I will set up a new thread. Go ahead and send payment for two spots. I have a Mess Dinner tonight so right now I have to bust open the medals and pin them on my regimental jacket...can’t type up a new thread yet until tomorrow.

Your thoughts??

Cheers, Barney
    Sounds good Barney! EMT sent and we're looking forward to it.

Tom
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

CGN frequent flyer
    I have 7 or 8 305s, all shot very little.

Are there more desirable ones to work on that others?

Anything I should look for to decide, aside from the obvious being which one shoots best right now.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    I have 7 or 8 305s, all shot very little.

Are there more desirable ones to work on that others?

Anything I should look for to decide, aside from the obvious being which one shoots best right now.
    Each M305 by the Chinese (high school shop class) can/will/may/ is likely HIT or MISS....

That’s why you M14 lovers out there need to come to the clinic and find out. Learning and reading and watching internet sources are never as informative as having your hands on many of them and then tweaking them slowly like how we do things at the clinic!

Cheers, Barney