Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 26 January 2019 Debrief Here!

Twas well good. Next step to drill out the rivets on the front sling swivel and replace with the nuts and bolts you gave me, paint the fiberglass stock, mount the Cheek Riser then save my pennies for a scope mount. Barney, is it advisable to open up the aperture on the rear sight as it is so small that it takes me a long tome to acquire the sight picture?
    "Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity" Marshall McLuhan, U of T.
    Yo Wendy, have you heard of McLuhan over at Ryerson?; or was that you he was refering to?
    يكون هناك
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenexx View Post
    Twas well good. Next step to drill out the rivets on the front sling swivel and replace with the nuts and bolts you gave me, paint the fiberglass stock, mount the Cheek Riser then save my pennies for a scope mount. Barney, is it advisable to open up the aperture on the rear sight as it is so small that it takes me a long tome to acquire the sight picture?
    Replacement apertures are not expensive. Drill away and make yourself a “ghost ring” rear aperture. You won’t be the first to do this modification work to the aperture. I’ve seen half moon apertures in the past.....

Then this fellow scrapped it because the sharp edges scratche his forearm one day requiring numerous bandages! Ooops!!

Been there, done that!

Cheers, Barney

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789