Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 26 January 2019 Debrief Here!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Will it be worthwhile for M1As or just Norincos?
    I'd like to attend, but attending just to watch people work on their M305s while I do nothing on my M1A is kind of weird.
    YES, there is always work to be done on the M1A rigs,especially the Standard Model. I bought a Standard here on CGNutz EE forum and it sure needed a pile of work. For example: are your splines peened yet / already??

Cheers, Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    YES, there is always work to be done on the M1A rigs,especially the Standard Model. I bought a Standard here on CGNutz EE forum and it sure needed a pile of work. For example: are your splines peened yet / already??

Cheers, Barney
    Honestly, no idea.
    I got it on a trade, it was a standard that had the barrel replaced with a heavy.
    I'm not sure what previous owner had done exactly as language was a real barrier.
    All I know is that it shoots great. But would be really nice to get to know better how to work on it and if it can be improved.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Honestly, no idea.
    I got it on a trade, it was a standard that had the barrel replaced with a heavy.
    I'm not sure what previous owner had done exactly as language was a real barrier.
    All I know is that it shoots great. But would be really nice to get to know better how to work on it and if it can be improved.
    Sounds to me like a perfect candidate for a clinic tune up! And yeah, you are gonna gain the skills and confidence to unlock the mysteries of this platform!

Cheers, Barney

Sweet ##### I have to make it to this one. A Xmas present to myself. Able to remove the front flash hider? I believe mine has that nasty spot weld.
    Last edited by Lafrenierej; 11-27-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Business Member
    Wrangler4867;

Your Emt was done well and you are Good to GO! We will see ya in Oshawa 26 Jan 2019

CGN frequent flyer
    Cool.
    In the mean time can you tell us more of this set screw you speak of regarding removing the barrel.

Is it a PITA and are there any tricks to removing it if this is the case.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I'm curious what kind of things would you guys be doing with say m305 receivers while I have a m305 22in and m305 a series I'm kind of interested in getting the accuracy on them up
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

My son and I are excited to learn. I went to a clinic years ago in Brantford and loved it.

I have a couple boyd stocks I've been wanting to bed. I don't know if the time frame permits that though, both with your schedule and epoxy drying times.
    There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him Robert Heinlein
    Do you think an RPG-armed drone could stop a bear? - Papaclaude

Business Member
    Safehunter:

In Beijing right now and on tour today. Have limited access to wirelessly signal. Your Emt was good for the two of you. Yes we cannglass bed. You got a Black and decker workmate handy?

I can bring Dremel tool and bits. Have JB Weld for you to use
    Oh yeah that set screw is on the right side of the receiver ring. Sometimes you need an impact screw driver and sometimes that screw falls out into your hand. All depends on that Chinese high school shop class and their Kommunist high school teacher. Hahahahaha
    Cheers, Barney

Your thoughts??

I've only bedded one rifle, my Ruger77, and it turned out pretty good IMHO. Sure shrunk up the groups at least. I've watched TonyBens videos maybe a year or two back on bedding an M14 when I picked up the boyds stocks. Seems more complicated so I appreciate any feedback you can give me while I'm doing the job.

I've got Devcon 10110, putty, tape, release agent (aka floor wax). Also will bring my dremel, stock liner tool (if I can find it), plus the workmate and the tipton gun caddie. Guess the portable bench grinder may be a good idea. I believe TonyBen is shaving stockliners and ferrules and I have a couple norc stocks to scavenge metal from. All this metalwork makes me nervous, especially since I'm short on spares.

My M305 is a darn fine shooter. Well it is now as it really got tightened up at the last clinic I was at. Only thing we skipped was indexing the sights using your truck hitch. I'm running a CASM and scope and I'm not bothered. IMHO the best thing I can do to this rifle is bed it, plus the wood on these stocks is so pretty. Oh, and you have to help me pick a stock - the thicker boyds "national match" model, or their "USGI slim" model. I thought about buying a shortie so I can have a "DMR" and "CQB" style boyds m14s. Silly I know but they are so fun. I may just scavenge the EE tbh to find a bog standard NORC so my boy can get his hands on fix.

If I do pick up a new rifle for this clinic, is there any parts I should source before the clinic? I see gunworkx has upgraded op rod guides and springs.

I still have to check the set screw on the right side of the receiver ring.
    There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him Robert Heinlein
    Do you think an RPG-armed drone could stop a bear? - Papaclaude