Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barrel Length Advantage On A Tremor?

I don’t live in a city, longest “range” is 150m. And crown land with that distance is hard to find.. still want a 50 lol
    My buddy bought a Barrett M99 and it was a blast.
    Pro Patria
    09-03-06 🇨🇦 11-27-13
    We Will Remember Them

Hello Sir

Thanks for considering Cadex for your next purchase. In the case of the 50BMG the military uses the 29" barrel and it's been proven up to 2400 yards. Is there an advantage to go 32" ? I guess if you are the kind of guy to attend ELR events then the answer is yes, there's a bit of advantage in terms of velocity and this useful at extreme range. If you do not plan to push this baby past 200 yards then the 29" should be more than enough.

My only recommendation would be that a 50BMG is a beast to master so there's a lot to learn before going this route. Make sure that you top out the mid range game before choosing the 50BMG for long or extreme range because other calibers can be just as fun and easier to manage. If the gun stays in the gun cabinet because it's too expensive or hard to shoot then you'll know that you would've been better served with a 300 norma Mag or similar.

Best of luck with your refection and do not hesitate to call me to discuss this if needed: 514-821-7983.

Have a great weekend!
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I did some minor Googleing on 375, 408 and 416.

So far they aren’t very common up here for components.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    I did some minor Googleing on 375, 408 and 416.

So far they aren’t very common up here for components.
    Not sure about the 416 Barrett. But I have seen components for Cheytac 375 and 408. More expensive for sure.

Owning a 50 is very different than shooting a 50. I would get a Kraken in 6.5 creedmore and 338 lapua before getting the 50, that's because one of my shooting buddy own a Tremor, and holymeow every time he takes it out to the range, he's the instant superstar. Both me and my wife had the chance to shoot a few rounds out of his Tremor, lots of fun. But to be honest, it stays in his vault most of the time. Cadex's quality is top notch, and for the price, I really think it's bargain. Speaking from semi-firsthand experience.

Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I have a Patriot Lite in 338. Also have a Savage in 6.5 Creedmoor.

The 50 is to be a special rifle for me.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I’ve shot my Tremor with a 29” barrel out to 2519 yards so far, factory A-max ammo 5 shot group 4’ spread side to side, up and down 2’ took 116MOA dial up off a 100yard zero that particular day.

So just a bit of food for thought when choosing your optics and mount, 45moa rail gets used up real fast when shooting way out there.

Besides that it is a fun gun to shoot, you won’t be disappointed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Make sure to get the Falcon bipod with it and check with the seller for mil discount.

Optics are something to be careful choosing. NF used to be the go to for 50 and mid range with S&B or Zeiss etc being high end. I just recently picked up a delta Stryker 4.5-30 for my Tremor and one for my Guardian. I just need the 34mm mounts now and the set will be ready. Cadex is top quality for a military class bolt gun. The 50 is actually fairly portable for a 50. However both are heavy fixed position firearms.

The 50 is something you buy after you have the other cheaper more practical calibers. The S/G factor is high.

Customer service is top notch as is the quality. The Tremor while not inexpensive is still good value for the product. Again get the falcon bipod with it.

Thanx guys.

Thinking about an ACTR scope. Probably go with a Near Manufacturing rings and canted base. Although SPUR makes a 60 moa set too.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Thanx guys.

Thinking about an ACTR scope. Probably go with a Near Manufacturing rings and canted base. Although SPUR makes a 60 moa set too.
    My Tremor has a 40 moa rail on it standard. The Delta strike has 100 moa adjustment. So I'll just be going with a regular one piece mount.

You can't go wrong with that optic choice and mount. Expensive but I doubt you would be disappointed.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 11-07-2018 at 11:55 PM.

I have a 50 cal Cadex Tremour I love it
    There is no such thing as too much firepower

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast