Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Importing ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Have to make sure it is already on the narcan list as well
    What is that? Where can I find this list?

Just drive over throw it in the trunk and drive back duh just under 5000rds

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    i go to the US for work a lot (fly)

As long as it's in checked luggage and under 5k rds i should be good right?

im thinking of only getting 200 rds at at time to keep my luggage weight ok

You will want to be very careful with that. Ammunition is on the USML and regulated under the ITAR. Although Canada allows up to 5000 rounds to come into Canada the US do not allow the export personally or otherwise. Without an export license from the State Dept. a lifetime ban from the US is only one of the problems you will face.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_andthe_Thief View Post
    Just drive over throw it in the trunk and drive back duh just under 5000rds

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Have to make sure it is already on the narcan list as well
    Quote Originally Posted by midoio View Post
    What is that? Where can I find this list?
    NRCan not narcan. Natural Resources Canada
    This may be the list that he is referring to. It is what we use for reference at my work.
    https://eservices.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/...ducts-produits

This is what NRCan says about importing ammo for personal use
    "Any individual can import up to 5,000 rounds of small arms cartridges into Canada without an import permit if they are for personal use (i.e., not for resale). If you plan to resell the cartridges or to import more than 5,000 rounds, you need an import permit. Similarly, you can export and transport in-transit up to 5,000 rounds of small arms cartridges for personal use without an export and transport in-transit permit, but you need a permit if you plan to resell the cartridges or to export and transport in-transit more than 5,000 rounds."

Getting a business to import ammo, takes it out of the realm of being personal use. And from personal experience, if a product is not on the approved explosives import list that NRCan has, you could be in for a long wait, and the cost of paperwork for the business to submit paperwork.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JasC View Post
    NRCan not narcan. Natural Resources Canada
    This may be the list that he is referring to. It is what we use for reference at my work.
    https://eservices.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/...ducts-produits

This is what NRCan says about importing ammo for personal use
    "Any individual can import up to 5,000 rounds of small arms cartridges into Canada without an import permit if they are for personal use (i.e., not for resale). If you plan to resell the cartridges or to import more than 5,000 rounds, you need an import permit. Similarly, you can export and transport in-transit up to 5,000 rounds of small arms cartridges for personal use without an export and transport in-transit permit, but you need a permit if you plan to resell the cartridges or to export and transport in-transit more than 5,000 rounds."

Getting a business to import ammo, takes it out of the realm of being personal use. And from personal experience, if a product is not on the approved explosives import list that NRCan has, you could be in for a long wait, and the cost of paperwork for the business to submit paperwork.
    first, thanks for the link!

id be looking to get 7.62x39. i did search and everything that comes up shows no restriction next to it. am i reading it right? does that mean i can bring them in?

@IRUNGUNS, a life time ban would really suck while trying to save $50

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    first, thanks for the link!

id be looking to get 7.62x39. i did search and everything that comes up shows no restriction next to it. am i reading it right? does that mean i can bring them in?

@IRUNGUNS, a life time ban would really suck while trying to save $50
    forgot to mention, i also don't want to jeopardize my Nexus card status. i id want to me 100% certain i was above board.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Melnibonean's Avatar
    There are 2 distinct steps involved with bringing ammo from the US to here:

#1) The US has to let you

#2) You then have to meet Canadian requirements/limits/conditions.

Since ammo is ITAR, and the US generally does not allow ammo to leave it's borders for personal use (only through valid channels with State Dept approval and permits), I'd worry about #1 before worrying about #2.

This does not apply of course, to ammo you brought into the country for a match/hunting/course and are then leaving to go back to Canada with
    '"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" - US Declaration of Independence

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Department of homeland security will have an issue with you if you are a non resident of the USA found in posession of ammunition on US soil.

I do not exactly know what information they have access to and how, but they set up from time to time just down the road from a port of exit and will stop Canadians and see what they are carrying
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    I’d like to go shopping here.......http://50bmgsupply.com/
    I run guns......is it possible to order from ^^^^^^^^^ and have you import my order?
    We want needs ta know!
    Let me know when you figure out the cost. Interested in linked cans
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast