Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter dedicated rimfire upper UPDATE NOV 7

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So you're saying that you will have to make the receivers themselves slightly differently? So a receiver set for a dedicated rimfire build is not compatible with a receiver set for a center fire build? Am I reading this correctly?
    Yes! Exactly!... but no. See what I'm saying?

Perhaps I'm being intentionally vague ;-) Goal is to have compatibility in the uppers but not in the lowers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

I based an entire build on a tactical solutions .22lr with a 16" barrel.

Hmmm, I'll take my chances I suppose.

CGN Regular
    Where can one buy the JP bolt/barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by lj007 View Post
    The fine folks at ATRS can order it in for you, though it might take some time to arrive.
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Quote Originally Posted by lj007 View Post
    I got mine at RDSC. Their website currently shows stock of 1. You'll have to get the barrel modified to work with at ATRS MS receiver set. Contact ATRS for info, they modified mine.

I was talking to a CFO technician a while back and they said I could legally install a 12 inch barrel on my SLR and use a cmmg 22 kit as long as the barrel was disabled from ever using centerfire ammo again. But I'd advise calling about that yourself as information the CFO gives you varies from person to person and day

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyaba View Post
    I was talking to a CFO technician a while back and they said I could legally install a 12 inch barrel on my SLR and use a cmmg 22 kit as long as the barrel was disabled from ever using centerfire ammo again. But I'd advise calling about that yourself as information the CFO gives you varies from person to person and day
    That’s pretty much the exact opposite that they told rick when he inquired about it. There’s really no way to permanently disable an AR barrel from firing centrefire ammo without welding the adaptor in place. And even at that a weld can break or easily be cut away. They were denied with a dedicated 22lr barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    That’s pretty much the exact opposite that they told rick when he inquired about it. There’s really no way to permanently disable an AR barrel from firing centrefire ammo without welding the adaptor in place. And even at that a weld can break or easily be cut away. They were denied with a dedicated 22lr barrel.
    Only because they are #######s and their feelings are more important to them than evidence sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    Only because they are #######s and their feelings are more important to them than evidence sometimes.
    Don’t disagree with you there. There’s far too much room left for individual interpretation in our laws that allow one guy to say it’s ok while another says no. Then you have to hope a judge will interpret them the same way you did.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast