Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WK Owners (steel case ammo)

WK Owners (steel case ammo)

I’m still a ways away from receiving mine, however now that they’ve been in the wild a few months can owners report any issues with steel cased ammo? I have some Barnaul 223 stockpiled and would be handy to get more at its price point.

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I've ran +400 rounds of MFS steel case junk through one of my WK's without issue

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Jammed my buddies up hard with a single round of Tula....

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Jammed my buddies up hard with a single round of Tula....
    Tula is the worst POS ammunition, had 2 blew back in my m305 with cracked bottoms at extraction.

Never had any issue with Barnaul/MFS. Not specifically in a WC but in other semis in multiple calibers including .223/556.
    Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has.
    - Descartes

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Denim View Post
    I’m still a ways away from receiving mine, however now that they’ve been in the wild a few months can owners report any issues with steel cased ammo? I have some Barnaul 223 stockpiled and would be handy to get more at its price point.

Thanks
    Used Barnaul, MFS (Not always the same as Barnaul), Norinco, TulAmmo, Wolf, and some surplus. 223, 5.56, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 308 and 30-06.

TulAmmo and some China Surplus in 308 are the only ones I ever had issue with, split cases, over powered. Some batches are better than others. I had a batch of MFS .308 SP 140gr that pulled under MOA at 80m, while the new batch of the same thing from Barnaul was closer to 2", IIRC.

I use the .223 for groundhogs and range time often, MVP, AR, Benelli. No more issues that I find with cheap brass or surplus.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -raqh- View Post
    Tula is the worst POS ammunition, had 2 blew back in my m305 with cracked bottoms at extraction.

Never had any issue with Barnaul/MFS. Not specifically in a WC but in other semis in multiple calibers including .223/556.
    I've put 3000 through T97's with no issue. His WK and one of my AR's can't use it.

BANNED
    Following

This echoes what I’ve read on steelcase in regular AR15s... Tula is garbage and Barnaul runs well albeit less accurately, which is totally fine for a utility rifle.

Took my WK out for the first time yesterday and went through around 200 rounds of some .223 steel case MFS without a single issue.

Glad this topic came up. I was researching this and found this post on Lucky Gunner: https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bra...el-cased-ammo/ I wanted to order steel case (or bi metal) but this has me second guessing my choice.
    Last edited by mbucky32; 11-04-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast