Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN Announces Release of FN SCAR 20S Precision Rifle

FN Announces Release of FN SCAR 20S Precision Rifle

FN Announces Release of FN SCAR 20S Precision Rifle
    The long waited commercial version of the Mk20 SSR (Sniper Support Rifle) has been officially released by FN America this morning. It’s essentially a SCAR-H 17 in .308 but with a heavy profile 20″ stainless steel barrel, extended handguard, 1-MOA accuracy guarantee and it comes with a DMR-style fixed stock with adjustable LOP (length of pull) and cheek. It comes standard with a $325 Geissele Super SCAR 2-Stage Trigger with a 3.5-4.5lbs trigger weight. The biggest change here that may not be obvious to many is this rifle is made in USA at the FN America factory in Columbia, SC.

It’s interesting that the barrel features a 1:12 twist rate that is more common on a battle rifle instead of the faster, 1:10 twist designed for heavier bullets meant for longer distances. We’ll have to get our hands on one to see how it shoots with 168gr and 175gr match ammo.

MSRP is $4499 and actual retail cost at your local dealer is expected to go for less.

Full Report:
    https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/11/0...ecision-rifle/

Curious what progress for NR Scar now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    11.2pounds........

I dunno if it's just me but I don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by AtomLew View Post
    Curious what progress for NR Scar now?
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    We have submitted a new FN SCAR design in 7.62x51 with a newly manufactured lower and 18.6" Barrel for Non restricted FRT approved. This is now in the hands of the RCMP lab which has at least a 2 year backlog on classifications. Now the waiting..

2.5 years waiting on FRT since annoucement by IRG. 913day+ and counting

Wonder if they can do a ATIP, find out whats the hold up. If thats even a thing.

I also wonder what happened to the 180 days to classify a firearm decision, did that get reversed by the liberals?
    Last edited by rambones; 11-06-2018 at 01:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    11.2pounds........

I dunno if it's just me but I don't like it
    It's not just you. Looks kind of like a SCAR SL-10. IE civi model of the real thing.

I'd have to see how it shoots, but it looks awkward.

Once dressed up with bioodcsnd scope it looks much better. Will be interesting to see if we get them here in Canada.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 11-07-2018 at 12:30 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rambones View Post
    I also wonder what happened to the 180 days to classify a firearm decision, did that get reversed by the liberals?
    First thing after Ralfie came to the office.

Straight out of douchebag's mouth: "We were able to rescind it quickly enough that it did not have any negative effect." "If we had left it in place the negative effect might have developed over time."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun...laws-1.3753514

Tim Kennedy was sent one of these, and he posted a short video on his instagram that he is not returning it. He was sent it to review it, shoot it, make a video, and return. He loves it that much, and has it topped with a Leupold MK8 CQBSS.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    First thing after Ralfie came to the office.

Straight out of douchebag's mouth: "We were able to rescind it quickly enough that it did not have any negative effect." "If we had left it in place the negative effect might have developed over time."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun...laws-1.3753514
    Ah of course!

CGN Regular
    would definitely get this FN SCAR 20S if comes to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by sonichanxiao View Post
    would definitely get this FN SCAR 20S if comes to Canada.
    I can't find the thread anymore but there was one about IRunGuns submitting SCAR 17's with a new lower to the lab. But I think it got rejected or somethin and now we gotta wait more years.
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If the soldiers dont like them.. I doubt we will either. I hear it's a crap rifle and most switch back to an m4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast