Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle**~SOLD OUT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    They already said it wasn't happening.

If it's not happening, I'm not buying.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

My type 81 just arrived, looking forward to shooting it on the weekend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    They already said it wasn't happening.
    People need to understand how any specialty product works WRT to supply in this country.
    A tiny depressed market like Canada means that any specialty product is not going to sell a lot. A couple thousand of any product is not "a lot" either.
    So in order for any dealer to get a product manufactured and sell it in canada in small limited numbers, they can rarely foot the initial capital to have a manufacturer re arrange their plants and machinery to make say 5,000 of product X for a low enough bottom dollor off the line and still be able to sell it at the final market you and me would ever pay for or that they could recoup overhead and make a decent profit.
    I see it in my job with outdated aircraft parts, higher tech weapon components, vehicle parts in canada and guns like the type 81. Any product we need but is not able to be produced in our ####ty country at reasonable cost.
    What dealers do in these situations is normally contact the manufacturer, cut a deal to have slight variants to the product (a longer pipe let's say....) but the kicker is they have to wait until the manufacturer is tooling up for a major run and then piggy back on the order.
    This puts the dealers at the mercy of time and chance waiting for whatever big fish purchasers of the product put their next big order in. Then it's wait for the factory to spool up for the big run and piggyback on the order to get our small batch run off the side.
    Hence the accordIan effect of imports we see with this product. It's not unique to the type 81 or TI.
    It's just the side effect of how the game works.
    TI has stated the runs of the LMG parts are few and far between which is direct evidence of exactly this.
    The type 81 is an oddball rifle. Most dodgy nations have gone to Soviet block arms long ago whether made in China, Russia, Bulgaria etc
    I suspect the Chinese still produce the type 81 for reserve units or to arm small bands of militia in foreign nations in the 3rd world arena.
    So we have to wait for them to need to spool up their lines to scrape a few off the top.
    These are not surplus guns. Think about it Comrades
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

>Comrades

G A S
    A
    S

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    People need to understand how any specialty product works WRT to supply in this country.
    A tiny depressed market like Canada means that any specialty product is not going to sell a lot. A couple thousand of any product is not "a lot" either.
    So in order for any dealer to get a product manufactured and sell it in canada in small limited numbers, they can rarely foot the initial capital to have a manufacturer re arrange their plants and machinery to make say 5,000 of product X for a low enough bottom dollor off the line and still be able to sell it at the final market you and me would ever pay for or that they could recoup overhead and make a decent profit.
    I see it in my job with outdated aircraft parts, higher tech weapon components, vehicle parts in canada and guns like the type 81. Any product we need but is not able to be produced in our ####ty country at reasonable cost.
    What dealers do in these situations is normally contact the manufacturer, cut a deal to have slight variants to the product (a longer pipe let's say....) but the kicker is they have to wait until the manufacturer is tooling up for a major run and then piggy back on the order.
    This puts the dealers at the mercy of time and chance waiting for whatever big fish purchasers of the product put their next big order in. Then it's wait for the factory to spool up for the big run and piggyback on the order to get our small batch run off the side.
    Hence the accordIan effect of imports we see with this product. It's not unique to the type 81 or TI.
    It's just the side effect of how the game works.
    TI has stated the runs of the LMG parts are few and far between which is direct evidence of exactly this.
    The type 81 is an oddball rifle. Most dodgy nations have gone to Soviet block arms long ago whether made in China, Russia, Bulgaria etc
    I suspect the Chinese still produce the type 81 for reserve units or to arm small bands of militia in foreign nations in the 3rd world arena.
    So we have to wait for them to need to spool up their lines to scrape a few off the top.
    These are not surplus guns. Think about it Comrades
    +1
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KDW__ View Post
    My type 81 just arrived, looking forward to shooting it on the weekend.
    Thanks for your business!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Not to stir things up but is yours straight?

Mine isn’t and I’m unsure how to proceed. If it’s normal to be out a couple mm then I’ll keep her.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post

Mine isn’t and I’m unsure how to proceed. If it’s normal to be out a couple mm then I’ll keep her.
    How about posting a pic so we can see?? One of mine looked bent but it was the lower wood handguard not straight which what throws it off
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I’m sure it’s bent.

I took off the receiver cover, took out the bolt group and looked down the barrel - the back of the receiver has a hole in the center. That hole is off to the left with only half of it visible.

Pics are out of my technical abilities.

I can email pics if you PM me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post

Honestly, it doesn't look completely straight but it's not enough to really bother me. I decided to make the purchase knowing it may be a potential issue after reading what everyone else had to say. I am even currently debating about buying a second one. Be nice to have a folder as well as my fixed stock.