Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle**~SOLD OUT

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    So they are still coming in bent?
    Most of the issues are optical parallax and optical illusion, as the wood handguard is not even on both sides and the cut-out of the top cover make it "seem" like they are out of alignment. If you strip off all the wood and the top cover/bolt, put stand-off blocks on the receiver and measure a flat edge 99.99% of the time it's perfectly straight. Out of all the shipments we received thus far, there were only two cases where the deviation exceeded 5mm/0.19". We shipped over 500 rifles without issue until the "bent t81" thread, then everyone thinks they have a bent T81...
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    Most of the issues are optical parallax and optical illusion, as the wood handguard is not even on both sides and the cut-out of the top cover make it "seem" like they are out of alignment. If you strip off all the wood and the top cover/bolt, put stand-off blocks on the receiver and measure a flat edge 99.99% of the time it's perfectly straight. Out of all the shipments we received thus far, there were only two cases where the deviation exceeded 5mm/0.19". We shipped over 500 rifles without issue until the "bent t81" thread, then everyone thinks they have a bent T81...
    At what measuring point on the rifle is the 5mm you speak of? Is it measured at the muzzle or another location? What is considered in spec?

I don’t mind the rifle if that’s a common characteristic, that won’t interfere with performance, but saying I’m suffering from optical illusions is truly insulting - especially when I’ve worked hard to take accurate measurements - and all of them concluding the same result.

I like the rifle but come on TI! Get that QC up!

Edit to add; I’ve been to a number of AK forums where this barrel misalignment issue seems to be a fairly common theme. The AK lads say that If it zeroes, the carrier doesn’t bind, and it’ll go bang then it’s ready for the range.
    Last edited by JeffMan; 02-22-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    At what measuring point on the rifle is the 5mm you speak of? Is it measured at the muzzle or another location? What is considered in spec?

I don’t mind the rifle if that’s a common characteristic, that won’t interfere with performance, but saying I’m suffering from optical illusions is truly insulting - especially when I’ve worked hard to take accurate measurements - and all of them concluding the same result.

I like the rifle but come on TI! Get that QC up!

Edit to add; I’ve been to a number of AK forums where this barrel misalignment issue seems to be a fairly common theme. The AK lads say that If it zeroes, the carrier doesn’t bind, and it’ll go bang then it’s ready for the range.
    You do know these are built in China right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I’ve been to a number of AK forums where this barrel misalignment issue seems to be a fairly common theme. The AK lads say that If it zeroes, the carrier doesn’t bind, and it’ll go bang then it’s ready for the range.
    Canadian warranty laws are consistent with this. If TI warrants a rifle that functions, zeroes, and goes bang it's for customer service point only, they have no legal obligation to replace a firearm that has a misaligned barrel to receiver unless it negatively alters performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylegger View Post
    Canadian warranty laws are consistent with this. If TI warrants a rifle that functions, zeroes, and goes bang it's for customer service point only, they have no legal obligation to replace a firearm that has a misaligned barrel to receiver unless it negatively alters performance.
    Well the bang part remains to be seen. Tho I have the expectation that it will go bang.

Whatever, it’s out by 2-3mm. I’m satisfied even tho my rifle isn’t perfect.

I don’t buy the argument that all Chinese guns are poorly put together. You know, the Chinese AK’s are highly sought after in the U.S for having a high degree of craftsmanship.

Well the bang part remains to be seen. Tho I have the expectation that it will go bang.

Whatever, it’s out by 2-3mm. I’m satisfied even tho my rifle isn’t perfect.

I don’t buy the argument that all Chinese guns are poorly put together. You know, the Chinese AK’s are highly sought after in the U.S for having a high degree of craftsmanship.
    or just because they are rare and everyone thinks they are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by ACEPWN View Post
    or just because they are rare and everyone thinks they are really good.

Ever had a chance to handle a type 56 vs. Any of the century imported rifles? The fit and finish of the Norinco is wayyyy above the others,VEPR’s not included.

The Norinco AK’s really are a superb rifle
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Ever had a chance to handle a type 56 vs. Any of the century imported rifles? The fit and finish of the Norinco is wayyyy above the others,VEPR’s not included.

The Norinco AK’s really are a superb rifle
    I agree. Additionally, that is widely reported on the forums where they can actually own them.

I have handled my uncles Type 56 and there was also a rental 56 at the range I worked at in my youth - they are nice rifles tho I have nothing to compare them to as I’ve only handled the Norinco AK’s

Does anyone know what I can use to finish the inside, and edges, of the hand guards with? I’d like them to look like the external finish.

Is it laquor, or shilack? Take pitty on me as I know nothing about wood finishes. Could I just rattle can a clear coat on?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Use some tru oil on the inside of the wood and you'll be fine
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!