Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle**~SOLD OUT

Got my new folder to go with the fixed. She’s straight and lovely.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Got my new folder to go with the fixed. She’s straight and lovely.
    thats odd, your fixed is bent but your folder is straight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    thats odd, your fixed is bent but your folder is straight.
    My thoughts too, usually it's the other way around if they are bent at all
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    My thoughts too, usually it's the other way around if they are bent at all
    I know!

I ordered the fixed first thinking I’d avoid the bend.

I’ve done some more measurements on my bent fixed. The receiver looks to have only a slight bend at the front trunion, it then starts to curve slightly going back. The bolt runs smoothly for the entire length tho. (Shrugs) looking down the muzzle at the extended hammer - it looks centered. Putting the hammer down and sighting thru the muzzle to the hole at the back of the receiver - it’s missaligned by 2-3mm

My fixed is about 2-3mm out at the back of the receiver. My folder is a mm or less out. The eye picks it up fast looking down the fixed stock sights. With the folder I had to disassemble and measure to see that it was out at all - the eye doesn’t pick it up.

I beleave the the fixed is still within spec. It no longer bothers me.

TI did a great job to bring these in. I wish they’d come out say “hey, these rifles, much like AK stamped receivers, are often slightly missaligned - it’s okay.” 3-D mentioned this in his YouTube video too. The AK forums are full of this information.

Edit to add: having reread some of TI’s posts, it seems TI has indicated there can be some misalignment without being put off spec.

Regardless, I think once these rifles are gone. They’ll be gone and we won’t see them again.

Some Pre-ban Norinco AK’s are going for 3K U.S and up.

Sure! This is a $300 rifle like an AK is, but it’ll always be worth what people are willing to pay. I’m willing to pay 1K for such a unique service rifle.

Somehow it scratches the AK itch better then my two CZ’s. Also, it’s just a cool gun to disassemble, reassemble, and shoot (I’m guessing as I haven’t gotten either out yet).
    Last edited by JeffMan; 02-28-2019 at 05:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    I have a fixed and as soon as dealers start getting this batch I will be getting another one.

Still hoping for a parts kit (soon)
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    I have a fixed and as soon as dealers start getting this batch I will be getting another one.

Still hoping for a parts kit (soon)
    I’d be all over a parts kit. I feel like these are seriously robust rifles, much like my high millage SKS, but if something breaks I’ll be a with a rifle that can only be repaired by a machinist for pins and such.

I noticed my new folder had a loose mag release pin; it can be pushed out with my finger. If that sucker let’s go in the snow - it’d be crappy indeed. I’ll use some loctite on it now.

Parks kits please!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Put some locktite on the rear sight nut too. Mine came apart but I got lucky and found the spring and nut. It's the one that goes through the adjusting knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Put some locktite on the rear sight nut too. Mine came apart but I got lucky and found the spring and nut. It's the one that goes through the adjusting knob.
    Yeah. I had read that in one of your earlier posts. Mine look pretty well staked but I put some red loctite on the outside of the nut.

Think that’s good enough?

The magazine release pins I partially drove out, degreased, and then applied red loctite before driving back in.

I’ve got a good punch kit from Weaver and I made a fantastic brass/ aluminum hammer in a SAIT Machine shop class on a lathe. - good tools to have
    Last edited by JeffMan; 02-28-2019 at 10:20 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Yeah. I had read that in one of your earlier posts. Mine look pretty well staked but I put some red loctite on the outside of the nut.

Think that’s good enough?

The magazine release pins I partially drove out, degreased, and then applied red loctite before driving back in.

I’ve got a good punch kit from Weaver and I made a fantastic brass/ aluminum hammer in a SAIT Machine shop class on a lathe. - good tools to have
    lol i probably made the same hammer as u, in the same shop and possibly same course.
    Just saying it how it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    lol i probably made the same hammer as u, in the same shop and possibly same course.
    Ha! Maybe. Good school. I enjoyed it. You look about 10 years my junior on your YouTube channel tho.