Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can we get these type 81 keymod parts from EMEI?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jrusseller View Post
    Because heat transfer is a thing. Because the cheap pot metal that mount is made of is not intended to hold a zero. Because clamping anything directly to the barrel is a bad idea.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jTaaMMd3Q

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar View Post
    Comments are disabled on the video. That might be a clue as to how this video was recieved by those more knowledgeable than the creator. There’s a reason why free floated handguards are preferred on any modern rifle.

The sight picture is perfect, how can you not see everything ? Works with many rifles with a raised front sight including the type 81 and type 81 LMG.
    All i see is a tiny window with tiny sight picture cluttered up by the front sight ring.

Standard type 81s that we have have no barrel to mount it. And id never put that on my lmg, ill stick with irons or wait for a proper mount.

BANNED
    Comments are disabled on the video. That might be a clue as to how this video was recieved by those more knowledgeable than the creator. There’s a reason why free floated handguards are preferred on any modern rifle.
    All his videos have comments disabled, not just that one.

Here's another that can be commented on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMFA_n1EtiE

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mach 1 View Post
    All i see is a tiny window with tiny sight picture cluttered up by the front sight ring.

Standard type 81s that we have have no barrel to mount it. And id never put that on my lmg, ill stick with irons or wait for a proper mount.
    That's because that's what you are concentrating on, in practice all you notice is the red dot unless you switch it off. The best way to use a red dot is with both eyes open.

On the type 81 it's mounted in front of the iron sight and can still be co-witnessed. Not the best pic and could use a lower mount but you will get the idea.

Last edited by Vicar; 10-03-2020 at 05:36 PM.

This thread is getting pretty derailed lol
    Last edited by flyingdutchman86; 10-03-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    TERMS OF SALE - “Shipping” means tracked with a signature and $100 coverage, additional insurance is responsibility of the buyer. My liability ends when an item is accepted by Canada Post.

That's because that's what you are concentrating on, in practice all you notice is the red dot unless you switch it off. The best way to use a red dot is with both eyes open.

On the type 81 it's mounted in front of the iron sight and can still be co-witnessed. Not the best pic and could use a lower mount but you will get the idea.

Ok bud. If you can honestly look at this setup you have created and say “Yep. That’s a great way to do this”, then I’m not gonna be able to convince you otherwise.

Ok bud. If you can honestly look at this setup you have created and say “Yep. That’s a great way to do this”, then I’m not gonna be able to convince you otherwise.
    He... He might be serious??

I think what this thread really proves is that the market could use some good mounting options for the Type 81 haha
    TERMS OF SALE - “Shipping” means tracked with a signature and $100 coverage, additional insurance is responsibility of the buyer. My liability ends when an item is accepted by Canada Post.

Thought I saw it all but thats ridiculous, especially when the type 81 has accuracy issues due to the grenade launcher shroud flexing while firing and you want to put an optic on it?.. I'm sorry but after seeing this I hold your opinion at very low regard...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast