Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can we get these type 81 keymod parts from EMEI?

Looks good. I still have not installed my hang guard rail. Maybe someday. I'm still enjoying the rifles I bought in their original configuration. Once I cut the hood sight off the front and back sights I got a great Ak like sight picture. That was my main gripe. Terrible sight picture. Easily fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuga View Post
    Here's the thing about T81 handguards, the stock upper handguard is janky thin sheet metal than can flex with a strong grip. That replacement top handguard looks about as janky if not more with all those CAST rails! Do you think it holds zero well? What Tactical Imports already sells for T81's does a much better job of mounting to the rifle in a stable way for optics, it replaces the top handguard entirely. However the sharp rails on the lower handguard make for a hostile place for hands without extra railed-based grips which makes the rifles even more bulkier. In an ideal world, EMEI would get whoever machined Tactical Import's handguard kit to add keymod and friendlier gripping surfaces on the lower handguard, making the rifle more ergonomic for southpaws. That handguard kit turns the T81 into a very visually appealing tank of a rifle. It's marvel of Chinese CNC machining, I'm going to buy one for myself.

In my experience the presently available replacement handguard/quadrail gives a stable optic platform but the screws near the front, especially the hex screws, back out. Also the entire quadrail has to be disassembled to clean op rod and gas tube.
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

CCFR

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post
    Can we get this version or at least the parts? AR stock adapter and keymod rail

Lastest EMEI T81 rifle from Zhuhai Airshow

That Grip looks very nice

That is gorgeous!
    Take the red pill.

are these parts going to be widely available. I would love the dust cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We'll look into it!
    Did you ever look into it? I'd love to get the railed top cover for easier optic mounting, don't much care about the other parts.

That dust cover would be nice to have. Current options for mounting optics is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by DimLantern View Post
    That dust cover would be nice to have. Current options for mounting optics is lacking.
    Indeed, I think TI may have mentioned an optic mounting solution coming in the LMG thread but may be wrong.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DimLantern View Post
    Yes, if only dust cover is thick enough for more sturdy mounting, and if only you have a straight rifle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast