Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Scout 7.62x39mm.

I have the x39 scout, it's actually a fun rifle (sooo cheap to shoot). The box mag is a pain so I mostly drop one in the open bolt and push them in. I would probably pick up that .308 scout for $440.00.

CGN Regular
    I have one of these. With a scout scope mounted and a Magpul RLS for a sling, it is my current cruising gun.
    The third round is hard to get into the mag, so I usually feed one into the tube, and then seat the mag.
    I will probably convert it with another stock or chassis in the future..
    This post brought to you by the Inspector Gadget theme.

Are there 10 round mags anywhere for this?
    -SideBurnz-

Super GunNutz
    even at that price,it's so close to a Ruger American ranch rifle which uses Mini-30 mags,and a much shorter package.Savage really needs to drop the price of these if they want any chance of being competitive,right now,they are far from competing with the Ruger,or even the heavy barreled Howa in that caliber.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wiskey1 View Post
    even at that price,it's so close to a ruger american ranch rifle which uses mini-30 mags,and a much shorter package.savage really needs to drop the price of these if they want any chance of being competitive,right now,they are far from competing with the ruger,or even the heavy barreled howa in that caliber.
    x2...

Quote Originally Posted by S1de8urnz View Post
    Are there 10 round mags anywhere for this?
    I've been looking for awhile but have not found any,I like the rifle but like another poster said I also resort to single loading a lot

for 100 bux more, but in 223 or 308 (not x39) you could get the similarly compact & lightweight mossberg mvp patrol that takes AR mags, so 10 rd LAR/XCR-M, PMAG, etc...(the 308 also takes M1A mags)...has BUIS but no forward scout rail. they seem to get some hate "cuz mossy", but for $100 more you can also get the mossberg mvp scout in 308 that has a full rail w/ integrated ghost ring and fibre optic front sight, plus a bit of side rails on the forend. the bolt is a little loose ("sloppy") but once you get the feel for how it likes to be slapped around it runs fine i'm liking mine more and more. i only have the mossberg scout in 308, can't comment on their 223 mvp offerings which may've had more reliability issues like mag fit and feed in early production. the savage scout in 308 (at least some if not all models?) takes AICS type short action 5 & 10 rd mags...
    Last edited by coasthugger; 11-11-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    Arm your desires

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Don't see the heavy barrel .308 for $499., on the site but then I am not great at searching some sites!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Don't see the heavy barrel .308 for $499., on the site but then I am not great at searching some sites!
    These are not in yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    These are not in yet.
    Thanks for the quick reply, do you know what model they are? Cheers!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast