Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stainless Scout 7.62x39mm.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by coasthugger View Post
    for 100 bux more, but in 223 or 308 (not x39) you could get the similarly compact & lightweight mossberg mvp patrol that takes AR mags, so 10 rd LAR/XCR-M, PMAG, etc...(the 308 also takes M1A mags)...has BUIS but no forward scout rail. they seem to get some hate "cuz mossy", but for $100 more you can also get the mossberg mvp scout in 308 that has a full rail w/ integrated ghost ring and fibre optic front sight, plus a bit of side rails on the forend. the bolt is a little loose ("sloppy") but once you get the feel for how it likes to be slapped around it runs fine i'm liking mine more and more. i only have the mossberg scout in 308, can't comment on their 223 mvp offerings which may've had more reliability issues like mag fit and feed in early production. the savage scout in 308 (at least some if not all models?) takes AICS type short action 5 & 10 rd mags...
    I had a Mossberg MVP.didn't keep it long,felt way to cheap with the stupidly loose bolt.and it's equally loose magazine fit,i'm a Savage guy,but for this caliber,the Ruger American Ranch is hard to beat.if the price of these Savage Axis was more in line with the Ruger,i would probably get one,

Will you be getting the .223 heavy barrel axis in? I love my creedmoor hb axis! I'd even consider a 22-250 hb axis
    “When the leaders speak of peace, the common folk know war is coming.”

***!f you're going to use the EE then learn to edit your ads for removal!***

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post

In the past we have brought these rifles in. Sales were a bit slow, so once they had sold out we did not replace our supply. Currently we can get a better price on these & Savage is offering a $60.00 rebate until the end of the month. Would anyone be interested in one of these?

$699.95 - $60 Rebate = $640.00 Savage Axis 2 7.62x39mm Scout

There is also a number of heavy Barrel Savage 308 Rifles for $499.95 - $60 rebate.
    Hello . I have got a question , could this one be used to shoot surplus ammo?

thank you

I wonder if they improved these ... the magazine is / was absolute garbage on these - and also feeds like crap, guaranteed to bash the ogive and half rip off polymer tips. I want a good stainless x39, and was so hopeful.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    If I didn't already have a CZ-527 in 7.62x39, I still wouldn't look at the Savage offering.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Yes they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxsh2000g View Post
    Hello . I have got a question , could this one be used to shoot surplus ammo?

thank you
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    These are same production rifles as a year ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123