Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    With that logic, they need to build a modern series rifle in 30-06 & 270 because every guy at a hunting store knows those are the best 2 calibers ever made.....
    sure, but the flaw in that logic is almost everyone hunting with those calibers has an excuse why they won't hunt with a semi auto. People who want a Ruger 44 want a semi
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post

9mm would outsell 44mag at least 50-1, and rimmed cases don’t exactly feed well from a stacked mag
    there is tons of 9mm PCC, many NR options as well, not sure why you think everyone gonna sell what they have to buy this one? I didn't sell my ACR because of the MS, I didn't sell my stag to buy a MH. The idea everyone with a PCC is going to sell and buy new or buy another of the same caliber is somewhat flawed thinking

I have no issues with feeding in my Desert eagle, so the magazine issue is non existent.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    I like PCC's but there is a lot of 9mm options. I understand that it's a more economical choice for those that don't reload but out of a rifle, 9mm just boring In my opinion. If I was to pay a premium for a custom pcc and wait who knows how long, I would want something more exciting. Always down for more NR options and atrs does great work!

Quote Originally Posted by smally21 View Post
    A NR high-end PCC sounds like a great idea..and then I ask myself what would I do with it? And in what NR situation would I select a pistol calibre over a riflle calibre in a gun I already own. A full length NR barrel kinda spoils the PCC factor, and I suppose I just associate a PCC with range use, steel and competition, which puts me into a restricted gun anyway.
    For those reasons I can't imagine a demand. Not that there needs to be a reason for anything..but can't see alot of buyers.
    Just my thoughts.
    %100 agree, id love one too but id never actually use it
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

Owning a Modern Varmint I would definitely be down for a PCC if this quality. Obviously it won’t happen any time soon with the current modern sporter demand but one day it could be a great option to explore

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    No kidding! They still need to build the bolt action bullpup we’ve been whining for first! It’s a good idea, but I think the FX-9 price range is the most the majority will pay. As a matter of fact why not just get an FX-9?
    Yes, that first then whatever else :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    For me the sweet spot, cartridge wise for a NR pistol round carbine is the venerable .357 magnum.

It's powerful enough to hunt with at moderate ranges, it's self defense record is top notch and when you just want to plink you can run cheap .38 Specials through it(albeit the POI is different from the full house magnums of the same weight).

There are lots of choices and they are not expensive, some takedown to very compact packages and they don't look "mean and scary" to citiots in their spandex out hiking trails with their ski poles in hand and bottles of Evian...………………………….
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

I would definitely be in line for one of these!

Is be interested, but no one will be investing anything into new products or equipment until after the election. If we get another heavy left win then I don't see stuff like this going forward, it's a big risk.

My 5.5” barrelled QC10 PCC cost me damn near 2200 bucks to build up,not to mentioned the headaches with trouble shooting and getting it to reliably work.

If anyone can make a ready to roll,NR version of a PCC,I’m more then willing to drop 2k on it if it’s a quality, reliable rifle.

I love the fx-9,but it just lacks something in the quality department that I know ATRS could do
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast