Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-16-2020 at 08:06 AM.

CGN Regular
    They would be priced comparable to the other Modern Sporters, and the JR carbine does almost everythng you described for a third the cost?

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-16-2020 at 08:06 AM.

CGN Regular
    A NR high-end PCC sounds like a great idea..and then I ask myself what would I do with it? And in what NR situation would I select a pistol calibre over a riflle calibre in a gun I already own. A full length NR barrel kinda spoils the PCC factor, and I suppose I just associate a PCC with range use, steel and competition, which puts me into a restricted gun anyway.
    For those reasons I can't imagine a demand. Not that there needs to be a reason for anything..but can't see alot of buyers.
    Just my thoughts.

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-16-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    And I can't imagine why anyone would want a firearm that would subject them regulations that would regulate them to use said firearm only on a heavily regulated range.

This is the reason I don't own an AR-15 in this country and the reason I'm ok with paying a decent price for a top quality product that does NOT subject me to restricted regulations.

All those things you can do with your restricted on the range I can do off the range as well. But can you shoot rabbits, gophers or coyotes with your restricted, while it's regulated to the range? A pcc is perfectly capable.

What one individual has or sees no use for another individual does.
    I've never seen gophers launched off the ground or out of their holes as nicely as a 124gr hollow point 9mm will do it out of a PCC. They are some much fun. If they would offer a PCC in something along the lines of 10mm auto or similar kinetic energy rounds I wouldn't hesitate using it on deer.

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-16-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Modern Plinker FTW!
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Wow the ability to build our own non rest. PCCs would be awesome.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

CGN Regular
    I plan on being behind a pcc quite a bit next year both plinking and in competition. The idea of a modern plinker sounds awesome to me. If they could come in around the price of the jp pcc build that would be awesome, but like a lot here I would probably go the build my own route.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast