Thread: Shout out to Jay at Black Box Customs

Shout out to Jay at Black Box Customs

Just wanted to give some feedback for Jay at Black Box Customs.

Good company to deal with and beyond fair on pricing. I had a Sig 226 slide machined for an RMR and it developed the "flicker" after about 10,000 rounds.

They asked me to bring it back to them so they could fix it. It is a common problem with the RMR and not in anyway their fault. They fixed the problem and I asked them to put a new battery in it and that is all they charged me for.

They are busy and have many people that are paying more for custom work but they made time to get me sorted out and charged me $5.00 to fix a problem that was not theirs.

Wish there was more people and companies out there like Jay and Black Box Customs.

Deal with confidence when talking to Black Box.

Thanks Jay, RMR works great now.

Grant...

CGN Regular
    Considering RMRing a Sig p226 as well, any pics available?

CGN Regular
    Also, did you find co witness sights?

Yep Jay and Blackbox are really good to deal with. They are businessmen and professionals who give excellent value for the price paid. My second gun is with them now.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    Also, did you find co witness sights?
    Sorry for the delay in answering this.

Yes, I did get co-witness sights from The Calgary Shooting Centre. They had to order them and they installed them as a nice bonus for me. I'll try and get some picks up when I have time.

I bought a .40 caliber conversion kit to get machined. It has more metal than the 9mm slide and I did not want to take too much off. The 9mm barrel fits perfect and I have had very good results with the orange spring. Almost 20,000 rounds through the pistol after machining and all is good. No feeding problems at all.