Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How does an ATT work?

LOL

Its scout 2.0

Shawn

CGN Regular
    Update,

Purchased a pistol during Black Friday sale, great people at FOC by the way. Once the transfer was approved I called the CFO, and inquired about the new licence, was told agian that it was not necessary since the conditions were attached electronically post c-42. I asked about the the piece of paper that has the condtions on it with the new the licence, she replayed by telling me what my condtions were, but she did say that if I wanted they will issue me a new licences, so I said yes. Lady was very nice, and hopefully new RPAl will be here soon.

Hmm this thread is hilarious.... And yes even with the att's attached to your license you still need to carry that little slip of paper.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Hmm this thread is hilarious.... And yes even with the att's attached to your license you still need to carry that little slip of paper.
    Yes that’s what I though as well, hence wanting the new license with condtions paper.

When you purchase your restricted the store will ask you what range you belong to
    and the store tells the CFO when they change address of the gun from there's to yours so the att becomes an condition. You don't need to call for a club att you already have it.

CGN Regular
    New RPAL in !

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    Question: Does an airport count as "a Canadian port of exit;"?
    If it is an international airport.
    EOSC.ca

From Ontario's CFO to one of my club's last week:

Authorization to Transport:

Just as a reminder to all your club/range membership regarding Bill C42 which passed September 2015. Attached is a copy of the licence conditions that were automatically attached to the firearms licence of any of your members who had a valid authorization to transport issued to transport to your shooting club/range at that time the bill was passed. If your members are unsure if they have the additional conditions attached to their firearms licence, please inform them to contact the CFO directly @ 1-800-731-4000 - 1 - 1 Extension #7503.

Please note: if your membership wishes to transport their restricted firearms for any other purpose which is not listed on the licence conditions page they are required to contact our office @ 1-800-731-4000 - 1 - 1 Extension #7503 to have an authorization to transport issued for that specific purpose.

In addition: Any client who purchased a new restricted firearm after September 2015 will automatically have the attached conditions added to their firearms licence.

{The attachment contained the following text}

These licence conditions authorize the transport of restricted and/or prohibited firearms registered to the licence holder within their province of residence by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct for the specific indicated purposes.
    1.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited handguns (12(6.1) of the Firearms Act) possessed for the purpose of target practice to and from all shooting clubs and ranges approved under section 29 of the Firearms Act.
    2.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from any place a peace officer, firearms officer of Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) is located for verification, registration or disposal in accordance with the Firearms Act or Part III of the Criminal Code.
    3.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a business that holds a licence authorizing it to repair or appraise prohibited or restricted firearms.
    4.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to and from a gun show.
    5.Transportation of restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms to a port of exit, in order to take them outside Canada and from a port of entry.
    6.Transportation of newly acquired restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms from the place of acquisition to the licence holder's dwelling house or other place authorized by the CFO.

{The Ontario CFO requires that members of clubs that use ranges on DND property be issued with paper ATTs because these ranges are not approved by the CFO under section 29 of the Firearms Act.}
    EOSC.ca

also got a RPAL recently and definitely had verbiage to bring the paper with the conditions on it at all times along with the pal

i just made copies of it and have it with every gun case / bag that i may bring to the range

i’m still waiting for the permanent registration papers to come in but can’t tell if i’m allowed to go to the range now or not (with the transfer papers that say i am allowed to take possession)

Silly question as I'm currently awaiting my first restricted transfer from a private buyer. I have asked the CFC to notify me via email once the transfer is completed. Not sure if that will actually happen or not. The transfer is from Alberta to Ontario if that makes a difference. Am I required to wait until I receive my updated PAL with my new conditions attached ?? I would assume no as the conditions are automatically attached to my PAL electronically but would like to verify.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast