Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CanadaAmmo Remembrance Day Sales

Same thing as last year - something to whine about.

Just shows you how. Even a day of remembrance, has become so commercialized.

And I used to drive past "the gun dealer" Every Nov 11 visiting my buddy. And didn't feel it was right to shop.

Remember the fallen, Not the sweet deal you got on a shotgun.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    I think its alot less tasteful to gloss over it, like so many people who put up Christmas lights right after Halloween, than it is to mark it with a sale. Outlets are advertising boxing day sales already. Is that worse than having a special sale to mark remembrance day?
    I think they're both distasteful, bud. I think that's possible, don't you?

For those who think of keeping Remembrance Day as special (and not a commercial enterprise) as "whining" or "getting offended about anything", I guess I feel kinda bad for you. If you've found yourself in a place in this life where nothing's distasteful anymore, where you can't be taken aback by someone using something important for commercial gain, well that's just sad. I hope I never get that jaded.

It's not a holiday. It's not a day off. It's more than that, more than Thanksgiving, more than New Year's. On Remembrance Day, I try to buy nothing and spend much of the day thinking about people who never had an opportunity to get old with someone they love, or people who dropped everything and went somewhere dangerous because it was the correct thing to do. We're called upon, for one day a year, to think about them. Surely it's not too much to ask that we put aside one day to recall what's been done for us and not tack on something as mundane, cheap, and pedestrian as a sale.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

BANNED
    Heck yes I love sales!

Cool

In honor of the freedom given to me by the fallen soldiers I shal go purchase and shoot some guns.
    We all have our own way of doing things in life, in showing rememberance, some folks goto church others goto the pub and get drunk and plenty don’t do anything at all.
    But some folks feel the need to critique others on how they wish to do so, we live in the age of recreational outrage.
    I for one well never complain about guns goin on Sale.

And in honor of Jesus aka Jeshua Ben Joseph (strange his biggest fans don’t know his real name) and his sacrifices for all of humanity, the whole family gets guns for Xmas!
    Thanks Jeez

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoney View Post
    I look at it as the shop also showing their respect and love for those who have fallen.
    You'll have to walk me through that one, mate.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    I think it's a better sale than a black Friday sale. It is a Canadian holiday even if it's not a day off

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    I think they're both distasteful, bud. I think that's possible, don't you?

For those who think of keeping Remembrance Day as special (and not a commercial enterprise) as "whining" or "getting offended about anything", I guess I feel kinda bad for you. If you've found yourself in a place in this life where nothing's distasteful anymore, where you can't be taken aback by someone using something important for commercial gain, well that's just sad. I hope I never get that jaded.

It's not a holiday. It's not a day off. It's more than that, more than Thanksgiving, more than New Year's. On Remembrance Day, I try to buy nothing and spend much of the day thinking about people who never had an opportunity to get old with someone they love, or people who dropped everything and went somewhere dangerous because it was the correct thing to do. We're called upon, for one day a year, to think about them. Surely it's not too much to ask that we put aside one day to recall what's been done for us and not tack on something as mundane, cheap, and pedestrian as a sale.
    Yeah, I'm the last person to whine about things or be offended by much, but there has to be a line somewhere and this is across it. Remembrance day isn't about spending or making money. Try using the day to think about how we even came to live in a place where we are free and able to have firearms. Not making your next purchase of one.

Seriously, one day a year guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    In honor of the freedom given to me by the fallen soldiers I shal go purchase and shoot some guns.
    We all have our own way of doing things in life, in showing rememberance, some folks goto church others goto the pub and get drunk and plenty don’t do anything at all.
    But some folks feel the need to critique others on how they wish to do so, we live in the age of recreational outrage.
    I for one well never complain about guns goin on Sale.
    Entirely your choice. One hopes you'll spare some time around 1100h to think about how those free choices were made possible.

Or not. You're no kid of mine. Not my business and I don't much care what your priorities are. But were it up to me, I'd see the country take November 11th far more seriously and solemnly than we seem to. If saving a few bucks on a gun is part of how you personally commemorate the apocalyptic loss of life we suffered as a nation in the last century, hey, fill your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    I think it's a better sale than a black Friday sale. It is a Canadian holiday even if it's not a day off
    It's a day off for most of Canada.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast