Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CanadaAmmo Remembrance Day Sales

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    I think it's a better sale than a black Friday sale. It is a Canadian holiday even if it's not a day off
    Not a holiday. And not Canadian in origin.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Somewhere sometime someone's feeling will always get hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    I think they're both distasteful, bud. I think that's possible, don't you?

For those who think of keeping Remembrance Day as special (and not a commercial enterprise) as "whining" or "getting offended about anything", I guess I feel kinda bad for you. If you've found yourself in a place in this life where nothing's distasteful anymore, where you can't be taken aback by someone using something important for commercial gain, well that's just sad. I hope I never get that jaded.

It's not a holiday. It's not a day off. It's more than that, more than Thanksgiving, more than New Year's. On Remembrance Day, I try to buy nothing and spend much of the day thinking about people who never had an opportunity to get old with someone they love, or people who dropped everything and went somewhere dangerous because it was the correct thing to do. We're called upon, for one day a year, to think about them. Surely it's not too much to ask that we put aside one day to recall what's been done for us and not tack on something as mundane, cheap, and pedestrian as a sale.
    Look around you man. If they could see what WE have allowed the nation to become, there would be legions of them, rifles in hand, ready to go all over again, and this sale wouldn't have a damn thing to do with it.

I agree in a large part with leadbeard. How we honor them is up to us. The point is that we DO honor them. As well as reflect on what they sacrificed to preserve.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 11-09-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Here's a philosophical question for those who maintain that there's some whining or manufactured angst at work here:

What would it take for you to find an act distasteful?

Someone not observing the two minutes of silence at 1100h?

Someone driving by a cenotaph during the 2 minutes with their stereo blaring?

Someone pulling over and hollering at the people observing the two minutes?

Someone peeing on the cenotaph during the two minutes?

We all have a line. Some of you folks seem to have drawn it quite a ways further downfield than I have. But we all have a line. If you think peeing on a cenotaph is out of line, rest assured that someone, somewhere is calling you an oversensitive whiner. What do you think of him?

Just saying. Give it some thought, boys. It's too important to cheapen with commerce.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Here's a philosophical question for those who maintain that there's some whining or manufactured angst at work here:

What would it take for you to find an act distasteful?

Someone not observing the two minutes of silence at 1100h?

Someone driving by a cenotaph during the 2 minutes with their stereo blaring?

Someone pulling over and hollering at the people observing the two minutes?

Someone peeing on the cenotaph during the two minutes?

We all have a line. Some of you folks seem to have drawn it quite a ways further downfield than I have. But we all have a line. If you think peeing on a cenotaph is out of line, rest assured that someone, somewhere is calling you an oversensitive whiner. What do you think of him?

Just saying. Give it some thought, boys. It's too important to cheapen with commerce.
    You seem to care more about the physical act, than the mindset behind it. I would point out that you have it somewhat backwards.

Trudeau also observes the 2 minutes of silence. Then he turns around to legislate more and more of our freedoms (the ones that were preserved at such a high and bloody cost) away. As well as paying millions of dollars to those who commit treasonous acts of terrorism.

Is he more just than those who observe it with cognative sincerity? Some years I attend the service, and some years I dont. Some years i visit the tombstones. Some years i stay home and watch Band of Brothers. Regardless of the circumstance it is ever present in my mind.

Your attitude is obviously in the right place, and your actions (I assume) reflect that. But please dont assume that anyone who does not practice exactly as you do is somehow morally inferior. That is how the SJWs operate.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Truthfully, this sale was not supposed to be related to Remembrance Day. It was just a weekend sale.

We apologize to anyone we have offended. While the fallen soldiers have given us the freedom to have a business at all, let alone a sale. The sale title is disrespectful.

I will speak to the responsible party.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Truthfully, this sale was not supposed to be related to Remembrance Day. It was just a weekend sale.

We apologize to anyone we have offended. While the fallen soldiers have given us the freedom to have a business at all, let alone a sale. The sale title is disrespectful.

I will speak to the responsible party.

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

I am a veteran and I am not offended when people give me a discount in recognition of my service.

CGN Regular
    Why not have a "Celebrate Freedom" sale the day before Remembrance Day? I too am for reserving the actual day of remembrance to less commercial activities.

As was mentioned before, this is the same topic of conversation that happened last year with a dozen or so threads popping up with each respective place of business that had a sale. People will whine about sales this weekend, people will defend it. I'm serving currently, see no problem with it as long as it's presenting in good taste. CAF members have Monday off, and will have a nice long weekend. If it means spare time to shop on some decent deals we give our times and, at times lives, to allow the public to have, so be it. This thread will continue on into a circle-jerk like most of last years did, and for weeks I've been waiting for the first one to pop up. I saw mods best get a handle on them sooner rather than later, because as many businesses will choose not to have any sort of deal or sale this weekend, there will be as many that do. And they will have purchases ordered through them, and some will be veterans or serving mbrs looking to save a buck shopping during our limited time off. Everyone is free to agree or disagree, but threads like this will only lead to business shaming and best.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast