Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: RWA Bolt Release Upgrade Install into WK180C

Hello,

I was sitting on the fence about spending the money on your release.
    Finally decided to pull the trigger.
    Received the part and noticed while opening the bag that it was assembled.
    While trying to disassemble the parts (as required to install on the gun) I observed that the fit between the two parts was very loose.
    Specifically, the hex indexing misfit allowed for around 10 degrees of rotation (or more).

TRIGGER WARNING : If you think the upper and lower fitment wiggle is bothersome you will have an epic meltdown with this part.

Being ever the optimist I went to install the unit onto the gun only to loose the c-clip while trying to take apart the two parts (my bad).
    Luckily, it comes with a spare.
    Once installed it became apparent that in there is a fair amount of travel required by the latch in order to engage. The slop is not only bad but I am concerned over time the hex indexing cutout will become rounded with use.

Upper position

Lower Position (Have just taken up the slop - would have to exert additional pressure to release bolt (if it was back))

Note - When the bolt is retracted the start and end positions of the lever differ. The angle (which is what I am trying to show) is the same.

I purchased it so that I could actuate the release without having to use my left hand or move my right hand firing grip..
    The length of the lever is such that you can barely reach the rear of it by stretching your thumbs. I understand I can index the lever another flat in order to move the lever closer to my thumb.

I knew I was taking a risk on this purchase with respect to to the thumb reach - one I was willing to take to optimize the controls as I would like them. I guessed wrong in this case and it is totally on me as I knew what I was in for.

However, the lack of fitment between the two mating components is surprising and I was disappointed given the cost of the upgrade.
    At this time I cannot recommend this part and will be uninstalling it from my rifle.

L

PS - I also purchased the threaded front take-down pin and if fits very nice.
    Last edited by lmar; 06-01-2019 at 01:06 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

Edit, they have taken care of me right away. You customer service has been most excellent! Thank you!
    Last edited by jhnvan; 06-07-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    I am right handed and I wish it was on the rear side not front or I wish it was on the right side!
    You righties get to maintain your grip while cocking the rifle if you put the bolt on the left side. Being left handed means that unless you want brass in your face and a scratched up rifle you need to break grip to cock the rifle. Unless you have this

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456